Chapter Thirty-One

Louis finally walked back into Harry's apartment and sat across from him. He held the contract in his hands and nervously looked at him.

"This is the contract they made me sign before you walked into the room that day." Louis said softly and laid it between them. "You can read it if you want to but I'll go ahead and give you the gist of it. It says that I must end any relation I had with you and start being seen with Briana. They weren't really fine with us being together but they put up with it until the people who supported us started to gain more and more followers. They'd been telling me for a while that I needed to end it with you for the good of the band but I couldn't. One day they cornered me after one of our meetings. They sat me down and told me that if I didn't agree to sign this contract and start dating a girl of their choice that they would ruin you. I couldn't let them hurt you. I loved you too much. They made me sign and end anything I had with you. It killed me but I knew that in the end it would keep you safe." He explained and looked up at Harry. "I was wrong though. In my heart I knew what I was doing was wrong but I didn't listen. Instead I listened to Simon and his minions. They had me convinced that you'd be happier without me. I could see that you were upset but I forced myself not to care. Every night that I had to fall asleep without you in my arms killed me. Briana started off sweet and helpful but she quickly turned into a money hungry bitch." He said with a scowl and took a deep breath. "I never wanted to be seen with her after that. Briana told Modest! that she was pregnant and convinced them it was mine. I kept telling them that she was lying and that I never slept with her. Eventually I told them that if they didn't schedule a paternity test that I would go to the public about not only my sexuality but also the contract that they made me sign. After a month of arguing they finally agreed. When she has the baby we're getting a test done. I never wanted any of this to happen. All I ever wanted when I auditioned and got put with the band was to make music with my best friends. Little did I know that I'd fall in love with one of them." He mumbled the last bit and looked shyly at Harry who blushed. Harry sat there for a moment as he took everything in.

"So what you said to me the other day was a lie? You do love me?" Harry asked and Louis nodded furiously.

"With every fiber of my being, Hazza." Louis insisted. He looked intently at Harry. Next thing he knew his cheek stung and he was facing the TV. He brought hand up to touch the reddening skin and turned to face Harry again with a shocked and hurt expression.

"You're a fucking dick." Harry said, crossing his arms. "I sat in this room so many nights crying my eyes out and drinking until I passed out. I was hurting and you didn't do anything about it! I understand you were under contract but you didn't have to treat me like that! You didn't have to tell me that you'd never love me! You didn't have to break me like you did." He shouted and Louis flinched at his tone. Harry was seething but his face instantly softened when he heard Adaley.

"Mr. Harry? Why are you yelling?" she asked softly, rubbing at her eyes. He looked at her apologetically.

"I'm sorry princess. Lou and I were having an argument." He told her, sitting back down on the couch. She nodded and walked over, looking at them with tired eyes.

"Can I cuddle with you guys?" she asked shyly and Harry smiled.

"Of course princess." He said, holding out his arms. She shook her head and took their hands.

"Can we cuddle in your room, Mr. Harry? The couch isn't that comfy." She asked, smiling innocently at both of them. Harry looked at Louis before sighing heavily.

"If Lou is okay with it we can." He grumbled and Louis nodded, standing up and picking Adaley up. Harry shot daggers at Louis' back as it disappeared down the hall before shutting the TV and all the lights off. He walked back into the bedroom and froze at the scene. Louis was standing there shirtless in just a pair of tight boxers. Louis turned around and blushed deeply, avoiding Harry's eyes.

"I hope you don't mind but I gotta borrow a shirt. I wasn't expecting to spend the night." He said sheepishly as he slid one of Harry's favourite shirts over his body. It hit his mid thighs and Harry felt his stomach flip around.

"T-that's fine." Harry stuttered and slid off his flannel. He looked around and noticed Adaley wasn't in the room. "Where's Ada?" he asked, pulling back the covers. He walked back to his mirror after he turned his bed down. He put his hair up into a bun. When he noticed Louis didn't answer he looked back. He caught Louis staring at him and he cleared his throat causing Louis to blush.

"She said she wanted to pack a bag for her mom before you guys go to visit her." Louis said softly and looked at Harry awkwardly. "I... Um..." he mumbled and Harry rolled his eyes.

"I still have your toothbrush and mouthwash. It's in our old bathroom in the closet." Harry mumbled. Louis gave him a thankful smile and disappeared into the decently sized attached bathroom. Harry wandered down the hall and leaned against the doorframe of the room that acted as Adaley's for the time being. She looked up and smiled.

"Hi Mr. Harry." She said softly and Harry chuckled.

"C'mon. You can pack your bag tomorrow. It's after midnight and I don't think your mum would be happy with you being up this late. Grab your toothbrush and toothpaste. We gotta brush our teeth before we go to bed." He said and Adaley did as she was told. She walked into the bathroom where Louis was and smiled. He gave her a toothpaste filled smile and she laughed. She started brushing her own teeth and Harry followed her actions. After making sure that Adaley had brushed her teeth fully he led her into the bedroom. He sat on the edge of the bed and Adaley smiled sheepishly.

"Mr. Harry. Will you braid my hair in two braids?" she asked and Harry nodded, pulling two hairbands out of his bedside table. He motioned for her to sit on the bed in front of him and he went to work, hands moving expertly. Louis watched the scene from where he laid and he started to tear up slightly, wanting so bad for Harry to be his again. He knew he had to give him time though. He laid back and soon he felt a warm body curl up next to him. He looked down to see Adaley with her head on his chest. He smiled softly and kissed her forehead, causing her to giggle. He chuckled softly and looked over at Harry who was watching them with an unreadable expression. Harry locked eyes with Louis and gave him a quick smile. He laid down and Adaley motioned for him to scoot closer. He shut off the light and did as she motioned. She grabbed his arm and pulled it so it draped not only over her but over Louis as well. Harry flushed a dark red and looked at Louis who was red too. Adaley sighed happily.

"Are you comfortable?" Harry asked softly, kissing her head. She nodded and gave them a sleepy smile.

"I love you, Daddy." She whispered and fell into a deep sleep. Harry looked at her with wide eyes before looking at Louis. Louis gave him a comforting smile and nodded.

"I always knew you'd be a great dad." Louis whispered and Harry gave him a shy smile. He leaned closer and Louis mirrored his actions. Harry knew he should stop but he couldn't help it. His lips met Louis' in a gentle kiss. The kiss was slow and hesitant; almost like they were scared. Harry pulled away first and smiled at Louis.

"That doesn't mean I forgive you yet but I'm willing to work through everything if you're willing to take the chance." Harry whispered and Louis smiled slightly at him. He didn't even have to think about it.

"You're worth the risk, Hazza. You always were and always will be." Louis told him, eyes full of love. Harry smiled and leaned in, kissing him once more. Both boys drifted off with smiles on their faces.