Chapter Thirty-Two

When Harry woke up the next morning he realized he was lying in an empty bed. He groaned softly and rolled out of the warm covers, padding down the hallway. When he reached the kitchen he peeked in to see Louis and Adaley both covered in flour. He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. When Adaley saw him she dropped the egg she was about to throw at Louis and froze.

"Uh oh." She whispered and Louis turned around to see a furious looking Harry.

"Morning Hazza!" he said brightly, trying to brush off some of the flour. Harry rolled his eyes playfully.

"We're you guys cooking or having a food fight?" Harry asked as he walked over, picking eggshells out of Louis' hair. Louis laughed and grabbed an egg sneakily. He brought his hand up and smashed it on Harry's head, jumping out of the way.

"Whoops." Louis said with a smirk and Harry glared at him. He grabbed a handful of flour and threw it at Louis, hitting him square in the face. Adaley squealed in joy and started to throw ingredients at both of them. After an hour Harry finally put a stop to the food fight. Louis pulled out his phone and started to snap pictures of Harry and Adaley. When Harry caught onto what he was doing he grabbed the phone from Louis' hand and started to take pictures of Louis and Adaley. In the end Harry grabbed Louis and took a picture of the three of them. Harry was standing behind Louis with his chin on top of the boy's head and Louis was holding Adaley on his hip. Harry sent the picture to himself before handing Louis' his phone back. He looked at them and laughed.

"I think we destroyed all the food I had." He said and Louis gave him an innocent smile. Harry rolled his eyes. "Let's get cleaned up and we'll go out to breakfast, yeah?" he suggested and Louis nodded, letting Adaley down. Harry led the little girl to the spare bathroom. He taught her how to work it closed the door as he left the bathroom. When he walked back into the kitchen he saw Louis starting to clean. He grabbed his broom from the wall and smiled slightly at Louis.

"Hey." Louis mumbled and continued to scrub at the dishes. Harry sighed heavily.

"About last night." He said and leaned against the counter, looking over at Louis.

"What about it?" Louis asked, turning to look at Harry with hopeful eyes.

"I meant what I said. I can't forgive you yet but I'm willing to work on this together if you are." Harry said and Louis nodded. "That means you have to fight for me like I fought for you." He whispered insecurely and Louis looked at Harry, biting his lip. He hated when Harry looked like a lost puppy.

"I'll fight for you with everything I have in me." He said and Harry gave him a small smile. Louis looked up at the clock and sighed.

"What?" Harry asked, eyebrows coming together.

"I gotta go do something but I want to see you tonight." Louis said and Harry nodded slightly, looking disappointed. "I'll get take away and rent a bunch of kid movies. You, Adaley, and I will just have a stay at home night. Sound okay?" he asked and Harry nodded sadly. Louis quickly pecked his lips and disappeared out his front door. Harry looked after him sadly before going to get ready. After he got ready his phone started ringing.

"Hello?" he answered and he heard some movement before the person answered.

"Hey Harry. It's Terrance. We found out the extent of Katie's cancer. She wants you to get down here as soon as possible. I'll meet you at my apartment. You can leave Adaley here while you go visit." Terrance told Harry and he agreed. Two hours later he was knocking softly on Katie's hospital room.

"Come in." she called and Harry walked in, shutting the door behind him and sitting down next to her. He looked over to see a serious man in a suit.

"Hey Katie. Who's this?" Harry asked as he took Katie's hand in his and kissed it. Katie sighed heavily.

"This is Mr. Marks. He's our lawyer." Katie said softly and introduced Harry. The two men shook hands and Harry frowned, looking at Katie with a confused look.

"Why's he here?" Harry asked, eyeing the man carefully.

"He's here to confirm my choice of making you legal guardian of Adaley and all her assets if something happens to me. I talked to Terrance and he is one hundred percent onboard. All Mr. Marks needs is your signature." Katie explained and Harry looked up at her.

"Are you expecting something to happen to you?" he asked and Katie sighed.

"Please just sign, Harry." Katie begged tiredly and Harry nodded, quickly signing his name. With a curt goodbye the lawyer walked out of the room. Harry looked back at Katie with a deep frown on his face.

"Now answer me. Are you expecting something to happen?" he pressed and Katie sighed, lying back on her bed.

"Terrance and I talked to the doctor yesterday. They analyzed my condition and it doesn't look good. They can take the tumors out but I'll still have to go through chemotherapy. They said that the cancer can easily come back even if they take the tumors out. I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being realistic. My chances of surviving aren't very high, Harry. I want all my ducks in a row if this ends up killing me." Katie said and looked at Harry sadly. "I don't want you to tell Adaley about any of this. They're doing the surgery tomorrow. I don't want her to see me until afterwards. If she asks why then tell her that the doctors said that I can't have visitors besides Terrance until after the surgery." She explained and Harry gave her a small nod.

"I'm paying for your entire treatment, Katie." He said suddenly and Katie's head snapped up.

"No you're not. Terrance and I can do it." She argued and Harry shook his head.

"I want to. You've done so much for me. This is the least I can do for you." He said and kissed her forehead. "Louis came over last night." He whispered and Katie looked at him with a frown.

"What happened?" she asked with a scowl on her face. Harry chuckled softly.

"We talked and kissed twice." He said shrugging slightly. Katie smacked the side of his head and he looked up in shock. "What was that for!?" he whined.

"You better not be getting back together with him this quickly." She said sternly and Harry shook his head.

"I told him that I don't forgive him yet. I said I'm willing to work on us as long as he is too. This will no longer be a one sided relationship. If we get back together he will be putting as much effort into it as I will be." Harry said and Katie gave him a look before nodding slowly. She glanced up at the TV and motioned for him to turn it on. He did as she silently asked and sat back down beside her.

"One Direction fans break not only Twitter but Instagram with Louis Tomlinson's newest news. Thankfully we got ahold of the tweet before the site crashed." The woman on the screen said and Harry turned to look at the screen with a frown.

"What did he do this time?" Harry grumbled to himself. He was shocked when he saw the tweet.

"As you can see Louis' tweet is a big deal to the band's fans. His tweet reads 'I'm done hiding. I'm coming out. I'm in love and it's with a boy. #LoveWins'. 1D fans are in a tizzy over this recent news. Most are nothing but supportive of Tomlinson's decision to come of the closet. What does this mean for the possible mother of his child? And who is this mystery boy?" the woman asked and Harry drowned her out, looking over at Katie with huge eyes.

"He... He did it. He came out." Harry whispered and Katie nodded, squeezing Harry's hand gently.

"He did. What are you going to do?" Katie asked softly and gave him a nervous look. Harry's phone started to buzz and he looked down, wincing at the name.

"Talk to management." He said, holding up his phone with a scared look.