Chapter Thirty-Four

Harry was rudely woken the next morning by the shrill tone of his phone. He picked it up and groaned.

"Yeah?" he said sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

"Harry. It's Simon." The voice said and Harry sat up quickly, Louis whining next to him. Harry gently rubbed Louis' shoulder.

"Yeah Simon? What do you want?" Harry said, the bitterness evident in his voice. Simon flinched on the other side of the phone.

"I tried calling Louis but he didn't answer. I'm just letting you know that you have an interview set up for later today." Simon told him and Harry nodded along as he talked.

"Is it for all of us or just for Louis?" Harry asked, climbing out of the bed and padding down to his kitchen to start breakfast. He pressed the phone between his ear and shoulder as he started to go through his cabinets.

"All of you will be there but the questions will mainly be directed at you and Louis." Simon mumbled and Harry frowned, shutting his fridge.

"Why am I a main focus of the interview?" he asked, leaning against the counter. Simon sighed heavily.

"You were photographed coming out of the hospital. Everyone is beside themselves trying to figure out if you or one of the other boys is sick. Since Liam and Niall haven't really been seen all the fans think one of them is sick. You're going to have to tell them something. You either make up a lie or tell them about Katie." Simon said, giving him an ultimatum decision. "I'll expect all of you there at 12." He said before slamming the phone down. Harry growled at his phone before dropping it onto the counter, putting his head into his hands.

"Mr. Harry?" Adaley's soft voice spoke up from the doorway. Harry looked up and smiled slightly.

"Hey princess. How'd you sleep?" he asked, kneeling down. Adaley ran into his arms and started to sob uncontrollably. Harry looked at her in shock for a second before wrapping his arms around her, cuddling her tightly on the kitchen floor. "What's wrong, love?" he asked in a gentle tone, rubbing her back in soothing circles.

"I-I.. I-I... Nightmare!" she wailed and Harry's heart broke. He rocked her gently and pressed constant kisses to the top of her head.

"Sh baby. It was just a dream." He whispered as she soaked his shirt. He looked up when he heard Louis walk into the kitchen. Louis frowned when he saw Adaley sobbing.

'What happened?' Louis mouthed and Harry gave him a sad look.

'Nightmare.' He mouthed back and Louis nodded understandingly. He walked out of the kitchen, letting Harry and Adaley have their moment.

"Can you tell me what happened in your nightmare?" Harry asked, brushing some hair off the little girl's face. Adaley rubbed her eyes before curling into Harry's chest.

"I-I dreamed that M-Mommy d-died." She whimpered and Harry hugged her tightly, whispering comforting words into her ear. "A-and you d-didn't want m-me." She cried and Harry's jaw dropped. He pulled back and looked into her face.

"That'll never happen, Princess. I'll always love you and want you. You're one of the most important people to me, okay?" he said and Adaley hesitated for a minute before nodding.

"I-I love you." She whispered in a shaky tone. Harry gave her a warm smile and kissed her nose, making her giggle softly.

"I love you too Princess." He murmured and pulled her into a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Harry stood up still holding her to his chest. He walked into the living room to see Louis sitting there watching SpongeBob. He smiled and gently rested a hand on his shoulder. Louis looked up at him and smiled at Adaley.