Chapter Twenty

Louis froze when he heard those words leave Harry's lips. He had silently prayed that the moment could've just faded into the background but obviously Harry's stubborn nature won. He mentally shook of his sense of anxiety and look at Harry with a raised eyebrow.

"What about it?" he asked and took a long swig of his beer. Harry sighed he knew that he probably should've left it alone but it was too late now.

"What happened in there? Did we have a moment? Did we almost kiss?" he asked, voice getting louder with each question. Louis wanted so badly to kiss away the wrinkles in Harry's forehead or to hold him until he fell asleep but he couldn't. He took a deep breath and let it out through his nose.

"The almost kiss in the kitchen was a mistake. We should've never put ourselves into that compromising situation." Louis said and finished off his beer before standing up. He looked down at Harry who still sat on the couch, looking up at Harry.

"It wasn't a mistake to me." Harry whispered, voice cracking. Louis forced all remorse and sympathy to leave his body as he looked at Harry with dead eyes.

"I could never love you Harry." Louis said in monotone voice and walked out of the apartment, slamming the door behind him. When Harry heard the door latch his world came crashing down around him and he broke. Broken sobs caused his thin body to shake. He took ragged breaths as he tried to figure out what he'd done to deserve this. He'd been kind to everyone all his life and he didn't think he had a mean bone in his body. Why did he have to feel this heartbreak and this pain? All he wanted was for him to have Louis like he had before. He wanted to feel Louis' fingers tracing up and down his spine as they laid in bed on a lazy Sunday afternoon. He wanted to have food fights with Louis in the kitchen that ended up in a make-out session that got interrupted by the smoke alarms because he forgot about the pancakes cooking. He'd give up his singing voice, his career, and the fans if he could just be with Louis. He wiped his eyes and picked up his phone. He quickly glanced at the time before punching the familiar number into his phone. Soon he heard the soothing voice come over his phone speaker.

"Hello sweetheart." His mother, Anne, said in a gentle voice and Harry sniffled. "What's wrong?" she asked and Harry told her about everything that had happened since that fateful morning. Anne listened to him intently.

"A-and tonight." He whimpered and took a shaky breath. "He told me that he could never love me." He sobbed and Anne's heart shattered into a million pieces as she heard her son sob. She sighed softly and ran her hand through her hair. Robin looked up and raised an eyebrow but she shook her head.

"Well he's a little shit head." She grumbled and Harry's jaw dropped. Robin's head snapped up and looked at his wife with wide eyes.

"M-Mum." Harry stuttered and Anne groaned.

"Yes I did just call Louis a little shit head but that's what he is because he hurt you, Harry. He had no right to say that to you. Even if he is straight it still doesn't mean that he has any right to talk to you like that." She said and sat down at her kitchen table. Harry rubbed his hands over his eyes and took a shaky breath.

"If its okay with Katie and management can we possibly come visit you?" he asked softly and Anne thought for a moment before she nodded to herself.

"That'd be fine. Is Katie the girl you've been seen with in LA?" she asked and he nervously picked at the couch.

"Yeah... She'd playing as my girlfriend." He mumbled and she sighed heavily. She thought for a moment before replying.

"Although I don't agree with you pretty much using this girl that'd be fine." She said, disappointment in her voice. Harry sniffled slightly.