Chapter Ten

Harry sat with his head in his hands for a good ten minutes before Katie came out with a cup of tea. She sat down beside him and gently put a hand on his shoulder.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" She asked in a gentle voice, gently squeezing his shoulder. He took a shakey breath before he took a sip of the warm camomile tea.

"I'm so sorry that I not only involved you in my screwed up life but I also involved your daughter. I wasn't thinking clearly when I said that stupid shit to them. Instead of just fucking my life up I fucked yours and Adaley's up too." He said in a sad tone, eyes brimming with tears. It'd been an emotional past few weeks and he didn't give himself enough time to cope. Before he knew what happened Katie was wiping away tears as they poured out of his eyes.

"Listen Harry. What you did was stupid but it's over and done with. You aren't going through this alone anymore. You've got me, Terrance, and even that little girl in the kitchen. She's taken to you really quickly." She soothed, gently rubbing his back. "After I put a movie on for Adaley I think we should talk." She whispered as the little girl ran in. Adaley came to a stop in front of Harry and frowned.

"Mr. Harry. Why are you crying?" She asked in a sweet voice. He tried to give her a smile but failed. "I dunno who made you cry but they're a jerk!" She said, stomping her foot. Katie gave her daughter a look.

"You know that's not a nice word, Adaley Jaylyn." She said with a stern tone and the little girl pouted.

"Listen Mommy." She said with almost too much attitude for a little girl. She's just like her mother. Harry thought with a smile. "Anyone who makes a man as pretty as Mr. Harry cry is a mean person who deserves a visit from Madam Spanks!" She said, crossing her arms. Katie laughed and nodded. Harry gave them a funny look.

"Madam Spanks?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Madam Spanks is the person who delivers out spankings. She tells the parents in a letter when the child needs a spanking. The parent only gives out the spankings when Madam Spanks okays it." Katie explained and Adaley gave a sharp nod.

"Mommy's only gotten one letter from Madam Spanks and that's when I punched Corey from school." Adaley said with a sheepish smile. Harry's eyebrow raised again.

"And why did you punch Corey from school?"

"Corey was being mean to me. He called me a mean name, stole my teddy bear, and lifted my skirt. Uncle Terr told me to punch any boy that did that." She said with a proud smile, earning an eye roll from her mother.

"Ada baby. Let's put on Cinderella while Mr. Harry and I go talk." Katie hummed as she stood up, putting the disk in the player.

"But I wanna talk with Mr. Harry too!" She whined, crossing her arms. Katie opened her mouth to reply but Harry spoke up before she could say anything.

"After your mom and I are done talking I'll come back in here and you and I can talk about anything you want, okay?" He said, booping her nose. Adaley giggled and nodded before turning back and watching the TV. Before Harry reached the kitchen, Adaley spoke up.

"I'm holding you to that, Mr. Harry. Don't let me down." She said in a very serious tone, turning back to the TV. Katie rolled her eyes and led Harry into the small kitchen, shutting the divider.

"Harry, will you tell me what happened so I have a better understanding of what my daughter and I are walking into?" She asked in a low voice so Adaley couldn't overhear them. Harry sighed and nodded.

"Louis, my bandmate, and I had been in a relationship since we started on X-factor. Everything was great. Eleanor was his first 'beard'." He started off, taking a seat at the table. "A few weeks ago I'd noticed that Louis was on edge but I thought it was just because of the hate he's been getting from magazines and shit like that. One morning I came into the kitchen and he brushed me off. He told me we had a meeting with management and just left without a kiss or an 'I love you'. When I went to go get dressed I noticed all his stuff was packed up. When I got to management Louis was sitting next to Briana. She's this girl who did our hair a few times. He then told me that he didn't really love me and he was just helping me live out my fantasy. I was completely shattered. All his stuff was moved into Briana's apartment and the past few weeks I've been drinking like crazy to try to relieve the pain." He explained. By now tears were rushing down his face and Katie sat next to him, a hand on his forearm. "I truly do love him. He was my whole world. I would've given up everything if I could've just been with him." He whispered, voice cracking. Katie took a deep breath and squeezed his hand.

"That's a really shitty thing to do." She started off, thoughtfully chewing at her lip. "Terrance, Adaley, and myself are willing to do all we can to help you. Adaley is pretty young but she'll understand that things are going to be pretty hectic for awhile. I'll play your girlfriend for as long as I need to. I'll fake around the rest of the band as well. I'll be your beard." She said softly, pushing some hair away from his face. Harry's eyes widened.

"You don't have to do that, Katie. That's asking way too much of you and Adaley." He said, shaking his head furiously. Katie rolled her eyes.

"You're already pretty deep into this. We've been photographed together." She said softly, squeezing his hand. "The only issue is finding a way to explain this to Adaley." Seconds after she finished speaking there was a soft knock at the door. Katie slid it open and there stood Adaley, teddy bear in tow.

"Mr. Harry looked really upset so I figured he could use a snuggle with Markim." She said, handing the bear to Harry. He dried his eyes and took it from her. She turned to look at her mother. "Is Mr. Harry in trouble?" She asked softly. Katie chewed on her lip and nodded, patting the seat next to her.

"Mr. Harry is famous and told his manager a big lie." Katie started off and Adaley gave Harry a disappointed look.

"Lying gets you nowhere." She said, reciting her mother's favourite saying. Harry nodded shamefully and Katie kissed her head.

"Mr. Harry told his manager that him and I are dating even though he likes boys." She continued and licked her lips. "I know I told you lying and secrets are bad but I need you to keep this a secret and if anyone asks you I need you to tell them that Mr. Harry and I are actually dating." She said, brushing some hair out of her daughter's face. Adaley nodded.

"Even though it's a bad thing I'll keep your secret Mommy." She said and jumped down. She gave both of them a kiss on the cheeks before strolling back into the living room. Harry shook his head and gave Katie a half smile.

"She's just like you." He said fondly and Katie groaned.

"Don't remind me." She grumbled and dropped her head onto the table.