Chapter Twenty-Nine

After another three hours at the hospital Katie and Harry were on their way back to Anne's house. When they arrived Adaley ran out, grabbing her mother in a tight hug.

"I missed you Mommy!" she said and Katie started to cry, hugging Adaley tightly. Harry's heart broke at the scene. He picked Adaley up and helped Katie inside, setting her on the couch. He looked at Adaley and gave her a tiny smile.

"Will you go get everybody?" he asked and Adaley nodded, rushing out of the room. Harry turned back to Katie who gave him a sad look.

"I'm scared." She whispered and Harry sat next to her, wrapping his arms tightly around her. She started to cry softly into his chest and he rubbed her back. When Anne and Gemma walked in their smiles fell. Anne knelt down and looked at Adaley.

"Ada. Please go sit in Harry's room until I come get you. I need to talk to your mom and Harry alone." Anne told her gently. Adaley looked hesitantly at her mother before nodding, slowly walking up the stairs. When Anne heard the door close she sat down on the chair across from the pair. "What did the doctor say?" she asked softly and Harry looked at her with tear filled eyes.

"They did a few tests." He started off and swallowed thickly. "They found cancerous tumors in her brain." He whispered and Anne froze, staring at them with wide eyes.

"Are they sure?" she asked and Harry nodded, kissing the top of Katie's head.

"I already called management. We're flying back tonight and I've already got an appointment with the best neurosurgeon in the states." He told everyone and Anne nodded.

"What time are you leaving?" she asked, standing up and starting to come up with a plan.

"In about an hour." Harry said softly and looked down at Katie who was starting to drift off, still crying. Anne nodded.

"Gemma and I will pack up your things. Stay here with Katie. Shall we send Adaley down?" she asked and Harry nodded, moving Katie so her head was in his lap. Anne nodded once and disappeared. A few minutes later Adaley peeked around the corner and Harry gave her a small smile, patting the seat beside him. Adaley ran over and climbed up next to him, curling into his side.

"Why was Mommy crying?" she asked and Harry sighed softly. "Was it something I did?" she asked, eyes brimming with tears. "I promise I'll be good!" she cried softly and Harry hugged her tightly.

"She isn't crying because of you." He whispered and Adaley looked up at him, bottom lip quivering. "Your mommy is very sick and she's really scared so you have to be tough for her, okay?" Harry said and Adaley nodded, puffing her chest out.

"I'll be Mommy's hero. Sometimes Batman gets sick and Robin has to take over." She said, putting her fists on her hips and posing like a superhero.

"That's right. While Batman is sick Robin has to be the tough one." He said with a smile and Adaley nodded.

"Nonna said we're leaving tonight. I'm gonna go help her and Aunt Gems get every packed!" she said and ran up the stairs. Harry smiled after her and looked down at Katie. He brushed some hair out of her face and turned on the TV making sure the volume was low. His jaw dropped when the reporter started talking.

"New tonight! Is Louis Tomlinson of One Direction really the father of Briana Jungwirth's unborn child? Sources have told us that there is a great possibility of Tomlinson not being the father." The reporter said and Harry stared intently at the screen. When his mother walked in he was still froze.

"Harry?" Anne asked and Harry jumped, head snapping to his mother.

"The baby might not be Louis', Mum." Harry whispered and Anne nodded, frowning at him.