Chapter Eleven

That afternoon was stress free. Harry spent most of it playing with Adaley and listening to her tell stories upon stories. Katie used the time that the little girl was distracted to get some much needed work done.

"Katie." Harry called softly from the living room. Katie was in the kitchen cleaning up their dishes from dinner. She looked up and noticed it was nine at night. Way past Adaley's bed time. She walked into the living room getting ready to tell Adaley to go get her jammies on when the sight in front of her made her stop. Harry was laying down on the couch running his fingers up and down Adaley's back as he focused on some cartoon on the TV. She looked at the little girl and noticed that she was sound asleep. Katie walked over and gently touched Harry's shoulder.

"I see the mighty princess has finally fallen asleep." She whispered, brushing some hair off of Adaley's face. Harry smiled softly and nodded.

"I'll carry her to her room if you don't mind showing me where it is." He said softly, sitting up and cuddling the child close to his chest. Katie nodded and led Harry back to the room. He gently laid the girl down and kissed her head before walking out of the room, Katie close behind. She pulled the door shut behind her and collapsed on the couch. Harry chuckled softly and sat on the arm.

"Thank you for keeping her occupied while I got some work done around here." She said softly and laid her head on Harry's thigh. He chuckled and shrugged, gently running his fingers through her long hair.

"It was no problem. I've always loved kids so it was nice to play with someone and hang out with people who aren't constantly asking me if I'm okay or what it's like to be famous." He hummed and slid down next to her, making her head fall in his lap. She sighed and looked up at him.

"Ya know. For a toothpick you're pretty comfy." She teased, poking him in the side. Harry chucked and swatted at her hand.

"Just because I'm skinny doesn't mean I'm not comfy." He said, sticking his tongue out at her. Before she could shoot back Harry's phone went off and he pulled it out, opening up the text he'd just received from Niall.

Mate. You might wanna turn on the TV...

Harry rolled his eyes and switched the TV over to cable. There was a boring looking woman on the screen and Harry groaned. What was said next made Harry's blood run cold.

"Louis Tomlinson: father-to-be and Harry Styles: new girl. Different day. How long is this one gonna be around? More after the break!"

Harry looked down at Katie and the girl looked up at him.

"Harry..." She started but Harry didn't wait. He jumped up and took off out the door.

Louis didn't really knock Briana up. He'd be more careful. Harry thought to himself as he walked along the street towards his apartment. His phone dinged and he dreaded pulling it out. It was a text from Katie.

If you don't want to go back to the hotel with the other guys you can stay here. You can stay in Terrance's room. He's on a business trip. Let me know either way. And remember. We're here for you.

Harry sniffled at the text and thought for a minute, texting back a few minutes later.

I need to go face the boys. I'll come by tomorrow and you, Adaley, and I will go do something. Thank you though. Xx

He walked into the apartment and everyone was there. Everyone but Louis, he thought to himself. He took a deep breath and sat down across from the others. They all stared at him, their eyes wide with worry.

"Listen Harry. We didn't want you to find out this way but we didn't know where you were." Liam started off and Harry sighed.

"Listen. If Louis is happy with Briana then I don't give a damn about the baby." He grumbled and sat back, staring intently at his bandmates. Niall groaned and rubbed his temples.

"We just want to help you, Harry. We don't think it's right that you've brought that poor girl into this." He said with a sad tone and Harry's blood boiled.

"Listen. Katie and I are happy. She's a great girl and I haven't been this happy with someone in forever. If you don't like it then you can fuck off. Katie and Adaley are perfect safe with me. It's you guys that I should be worried about them being around." He seethed and stood up. The rest of the boys exchanged looks.

"Firstly. Who's Adaley?" Zayn asked from the corner of the room. "And secondly. I don't think what's going on with you and Katie is healthy." Harry stood up, fist clenching.

"Katie's daughter. Now. If you don't mind. I'm going to bed." He snapped and stormed off. Before he shut his door he turned back, eyes narrowing at Zayn. "And just because your relationship went to shit doesn't mean you can attack mine." He spat and slammed his door, ending not only the conversation but possibly an almost 5 year friendship.