Chapter Twenty-Five

It was well after midnight when Adaley and Katie both fell asleep. Harry carefully slipped out of the bed and made sure that the two girls stayed asleep. He tiptoed down the hallway and softly knocked on his older sister's door. When she pulled it open Harry gave her a sheepish smile.

"Sorry about the time. Adaley refused to fall asleep." He whispered and Gemma nodded, ushering him in. When he stepped in he took a deep breath and he was instantly taken back to the many nights he snuck into her room and hid in her closet. She gently squeezed his shoulder as she walked towards her closet, opening the door up and gesturing for Harry to enter. When they both got situated on the bed of pillows Gemma clicked on the flashlight that bathed them in a soft glow. She sat back and looked intently at Harry, seeming to study him.

"What happened?" she asked simply and Harry took a shaky breath.

"Do you want me to start from day one or just what happened at Modest!?" he asked, nervously picking at his nails. Gemma put a hand over his and gave him a comforting smile.

"Why don't you just tell me what you're comfortable telling me?" she suggested and Harry nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Well I thought it was going to be a normal day but instead we went to Modest!. It was just Louis and I. That's where Louis told me that he never loved me as more than a friend. After that I kinda withdrew myself from the band." He told her and whimpered softly. Gemma moved over and wrapped her arms around Harry. "I would drink until I passed out. I would go clubbing. I would just disappear without telling anyone where I'd went. I always made sure to show up in time for interviews and concerts but that's really it. I refused to be around them. One night I got really drunk and almost slept with Katie's older brother. I mean I'd been with girls before I met Terrance but I just couldn't do it. His eyes looked like Louis' and I just lost it. Nothing happened with him and I ended up crying myself to sleep. The next morning I met Katie. I told a stupid lie to Simon and that's why we're in this mess. I regret pulling her into this but I don't regret meeting her. I love her but not romantically. I love her like I love you." He whispered and laid down, head in Gemma's lap. She looked down at him and started to run her fingers through his long hair. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "She's so amazing, Gems. You wouldn't believe how brave and strong she is. She's taking all of this like a champ." He murmured and tears started to roll down his cheeks. "I don't know what I'd do without her beside me." He said barely loud enough for Gemma to hear. She felt a tear run down her own cheek before she kissed his forehead.

"You don't see it but you're strong too, Harry." She told him and he gave her a confused look.

"How? I've been a crying and sobbing mess since it happened." He said with a frown. Gemma sighed heavily.

"You're still here though. That's true strength. Maybe you made some stupid choices after it happened but you're dealing with the consequences and you know that you were in the wrong when it came to Katie and Adaley. I know how in love with Louis you are but you're not letting your heartbreak take you over. You still find joy in things. You find joy in being with us and I know you find joy in Katie and Adaley. I see how your face lights up every time you play with Adaley." She told him and took a deep breath. "You may feel weak and scared but you're one of the most amazing and one of the strongest young men I've ever met. I love you Hazzy." She whispered, wiping away the tears from her eyes. "You have to promise me that you'll keep fight, okay?" she said lowly and Harry nodded, taking her hand in his.

"I promise, Gems." He whispered and Gemma let out a choked sob.

"Because I can't lose you. Not to something like this." She cried and Harry sat up, pulling her into his lap. They stayed that way for a while as Gemma and Harry cried their hearts out together, clinging tightly to each other. Harry wiped away Gemma's tears and in turn she wiped away his. They looked at each other before hugging one another tightly. Harry pulled away first and gently kissed Gemma's forehead.

"I love you so much, Gemma. Thank you for being the best big sister anyone could ever ask for." He murmured and Gemma gave him a watery smile

"Thank you for being the biggest and sweetest pain in the ass that anyone could imagine. I love you too." She whispered and they laid down, curling up like they used to when Harry was little and they both drifted off into a peaceful and restful sleep.