THIRTY THREE

LACEY

   Later that night, I looked at my door. There was no significance, I was just bored. Sitting in my bed, I heard a thud at my window. I opened it, and something hard hit my forehead.

   "What the hell..." I trailed off.

   Jack was there standing in my lawn with a handful of rocks.

   "Jack?" I demanded, "what are you doing here?"

   "I'm human," was all he said.

   "What?" I asked.

   "I'm-I'm human," he said once more, "I make mistakes, because I'm a dumbass in high school. I make bad choices, because I can never see what's right in front of me. I'm missing out on someone wonderful, because I'm focusing on someone who doesn't care about me. I was scared. I was scared to break up with Madison, but I was even more scared to tell you how i feel, but I'm ready now."

   "Jack-"

   "I like you. I like you a lot. I may not love you now, but I can in a matter of time. I want to spend all of my time with you, because you're such a wonderful person to be around. You're smart, you're funny, and whoever has the pleasure of being with you better take care of you, because I know I would with someone like you-"

   I closed my window, and left my bedroom. I ran down the hallway, and opened the front door slowly.

   When I came out, I ran to him, and hugged him. I hugged him tight, because I'm human, too. I have feelings, "I like you a lot, too."

   When he pulled back, he kissed me, and I felt the warm, tingly feeling. I want this feeling everyday, I want it so I can be even more happy, U would never abuse it, or take it for granted, because I know I want it.

( )

chapter thirty three: april 6, 2016
edited: june 19, 2017