ONE

LACEY

Tomorrow was Saturday, the beginning of spring break. I couldn't be more excited, except for the fact I wasn't doing anything.

Every year was the same. Books from the library, tv shows on Netflix. I was like any average girl, that was the least I could admit.

I brushed past some people to get to my locker, and when I did, grabbed my world history book. Heading to world history, I bumped into somebody, dropping my book.

I bent down to pick it up, but that somebody picked up my book with their hand, and let me tell you, it was a sexy hand. I stood back up, and that somebody handed it to me.

"You should watch where you're going," Jack Gilinsky said, flashing a smile.

"Right," I agreed, "sorry."

"No biggie."

I nodded, standing there like an idiot. I brushed some hair out of my face, and Jack was still there.

"Anyway, what are you doing for spring break?" He asked.

"Nothing really."

"We should hang. You always seem so independent, like you're never having fun," Jack commented.

"I can have fun," I argued.

"Hey, don't get defensive, when's the last time you've had fun?" He asked.

"U-um rollercoasters?" I stuttered.

It seemed better in my head, but why was Jack still talking to me? I was a nobody, and Madison was waiting for him.

"That's not fun the way I see it," he responded.

"Maybe you could show me," I suggested.

I don't know how that came out, but it did, and it sounded wrong. He stared at me longingly before responding.

"Maybe I will."

Madison came by his side, looping her arm through his. She flashed a smile of white teeth, and leaned her head on his shoulder. He looked down, and sighed. I wondered what was up.

"We gotta head to english, uh.." she trailed off, as if she were trying to remember something.

"Lacey," I reminded her.

She snapped her fingers, "that's right, see you around, Lacey."

She gave a little wave with her fingers, and pulled Jack with her. I walked to world history, and sat in my seat. One whole hour of misery coming up.

( )

chapter one: july 27, 2015
edited: june 15, 2017

an: i so excited lol, okay idk why madison is always against the protagonist or the main character i actually really like her...

anyway i hope you add this to your library or reading list because this is going to be a good book i hope

happy updating ❤️