TEN

LACEY

   It hurt, but it was worth it. My tattoo artist, Samantha cleaned off my tattoo with some green soap, water, and then coated it with some ointment for "the healing process" she had told me about. After that a padded bandage was wrapped around the new tattoo on my wrist.

   I walk out with a grin on my face with Samantha trailing behind me. Except only Johnson is sitting in one of the chairs, waiting patiently.

   Once he sees me, I frown, and walk over to him. Instead of him explaining where Jack is, he smiles, and looks around the art on the walls.

   "Where's Jack?" I asked.

   "I'm sorry, Lacey, he had to leave for...a doctors appointment," Jack replied.

   "Why are you lying to me?" I question, starting to get upset.

   "I'm not, you can ask him," he said, "anyway, Jack left his car for us."

   I nod, and follow him into Jack's car, climbing into the front seat, then buckling.

   A doctors appointment? That had to be a lie. Why would Jack be going to a doctors appointment? I had no clue as to an answer to my questions, so I didn't answer them.

   The ride was silent and calm, almost like a serene scenario in those cliche movies, but it was nice to know Johnson hadn't fled off with Jack's car just because he didn't want to wait. That took patience, especially since the tattoo was half an hour.

   Johnson pulls into my driveway, and only then do I notice Jack will have to pick up his car the next day, or whenever he's finished with his doctors appointment.

   We get out, and hug for a couple seconds, and then Johnson goes to leave in his own car.

   I walk towards my front door, but I get the feeling of someone being near. The thought of not being alone, especially in the creepy stalker way makes me nervous and scared at the same time. I put myself into a fighting stance, but it probably won't do any good.

   Someone, a feminine figure steps out of the shadows in front of my front door. Her curvy hips sway unnecessarily, and her dark brown hair swishes on her shoulders as she strides to face me a couple feet away.

   "What are you doing here?" I ask her, wondering if she's here, and not with jack, then where's Jack?

( )

chapter ten: october 1, 2015
edited: june 16, 2017