TWENTY ONE

LACEY

When Jack took me back to his house, his parents still weren't home. i borrowed some sweatpants, and a baggy T-Shirt, and slipped into the bed of the guest room, trying to get comfy.

Jack came in the doorway, "you all set for tonight?"

I nodded, and he began to leave the door, but I called out his name. He turned around, and I let out a sigh.

"Can you stay with me, until i go to sleep?" I asked calmly.

"I don't know..." he said, "I'm still in a relationship."

"Right."

I turned to the other side of the bed he wasn't facing. Of course he's still in a relationship. how could I forget? Jack isn't dating me, he probably doesn't even like me. How could I ask him to do such thing that could revoke his relationship? We've never kissed, so there really should be no sexual tension. I couldn't help but feel the pit in my stomach.

When I looked back at the door, Jack was gone. I turned back, and closed my eyes, trying to feel sleep overcoming me, but it yet retrieving it.

Suddenly the bed dipped, and I felt the blanket go up, and then down, as a body was pressed against me, and an arm draped over my waist as I was laying down sideways.

"You don't have to do this, you're in a relationship," I said.

"We're not going to make out," he said, tiredly.

Right then I felt like I was in that friendzone. the one where you have a guy friend, and you like him, but he's the one always telling you how you're a "good friend." How could I think that because we're hanging out, he'll break up with Madison?

It's become for sure he still wants her. At least now I know how things will be when spring break ends.

he is not shirtless in the picture like it shows, just saying :)

( )

chapter twenty one: january 21, 2016
edited: june 19, 2017