TWENTY SIX

LACEY

   I got out of bed, and cleaned up my appearance before coming into the living room, and sitting on the couch. I turned on the tv, and flipped the channel to some cartoon show on Nickelodeon.

   I positioned myself facing the other side of the couch, yet my head was turned towards the tv.

   "Good morning," Jack greeted, as he plopped on the couch beside me.

   "Morning."

   Silence followed, as he was almost right next to me. He could've bumped into my shoulder if he wanted to.

   I turned to look at him, and then so did he. Our faces were near each other's, our noses nearly touching. He leaned in, and kissed me gently, before grabbing my face more towards him. My hands went on his shoulders, then around his neck, clasping together.

   He pulled away, "you're a bad kisser, Lacey."

   "What?"

   "You heard me, that was the worst kiss I've ever experienced."

   I woke up in a hot sweat, some hair sticking to my forehead. How could something so little, and or embarrassing make me wake up in such a way!

   It was rejection, something that scared me to an extent. Rejection could lead to humiliation, and that just wasn't on my bucket list for this year or any year if I'm being honest.

   It wasn't a dream nor a nightmare, but it still made my heart ache that Jack and I won't even kiss to begin with. It would probably be, because I now know I could be a bad kisser. Now that I think about it, he probably doesn't even like me.

( )

chapter twenty six: march 18, 2016
edited: june 19, 2017