46.

Posted: May. 3rd, 2016

Read my newest story Want, it's basically a cross between this story and Between Us tbh but it's still v different.

46. Austin

I sneeze for the thousandth time today, blowing my nose into a tissue from the box beside my bed. Somehow I had gotten terribly sick, and I have no motivation to do anything. Being sick made me realize how perfect of a girlfriend I have, sure she's very pissed at me still, but even though she is, she's still here taking care of me and making sure I'm okay.

"Do you need anything?" She asks, handing me a bottle of ginger ale "You're out of tissues" She mumbles, grabbing the box "Give me the dirty ones" She says, and I pick up all my used tissues putting the in the empty tissue box "I'll be back with another one" She walks out of the room.

My phone buzzes on the table beside me, and I pick it up, seeing an email from Jessica.

From: Jessica Blake
To: Austin Mahone

Hello, I just wanted to let you know I've received an email from the men from California and he said everything is a go and it all looks very promising. He asked for you to follow up with him to talk more about everything.

Have a good day Sir,
Jess

Rowan walks back in with a huff, dropping a tissue box on the table "Thank you" I attempt to say, my voice scratchy.

"No problem, now get back to whatever is more important" She waves me off, walking out of the room. I open up my text messages and type in a message to Rosa, hitting send.

To: Rosa
She still mad at me. Everything she says in *that* tone.

From: Rosa
At least she's talking to you, she won't even look at me.

From: Rosa
I'm hoping she just gets over this, it's not that big of a deal

To: Rosa
She's only talking to me because I'm sick. I'm sure she wouldn't if I wasn't

From: Rosa
Lucky you😒 I'd kill to have her talk to me.

I sit my phone on the bedside table as my door reopens, Rowan poking her head in "I'm going to work, I don't know when I'll be back" She mumbles and I nod watching as she disappears and knowing she's gone when from front door shuts. I look at the clock seeing it's two in the afternoon and I decide to just take a nap having nothing better to do as of right now.

"Hi Honey" My mom smiles as I open my eyes.

"Hi" I croak, stretching out my body.

"Where's Ro?"

"She told me her mom needed her for something so she asked if I could come and take care of you" She answers, sitting down beside me in bed "Now tell me what's wrong?"

"What do you mean? I'm sick" I say in a duh tone and she rolls her eyes.

"I know there's something more going on, you have that 'I'm down in the dumps' look on your face" She rolls her eyes and I shake my head.

"I'm fine"

"I'm your mother, I know everything"

"Rowan's mad at me" I tell her.

"Why?" She asks.

"Because apparently me being on my phone all the time bothers her, and her best friend was hiring workers at their bakery and asked me to keep Rowan away while she did interviews and Rowan got mad that I didn't tell her" I explain, and she sighs.

"She'll come around" My mom pats my shoulder "She loves you"

"Yeah, but how much?"

***

"Did you have fun with your mom?" I ask Rowan as she walks through my front door.

"I don't know, did you have fun selling your penthouse?" She retorts and my heart drops.

"What are you talking about?"

"There's a couple downstairs that asked how they can get up here, saying that there was a penthouse for sale. One with you address" She crosses her arms over her chest "Were you not going to tell me? You seem to be keeping a lot of stuff from me lately"

"I would have told you, but I haven't had anyone say that they really want it yet" I shrug.

"Doesn't matter, you should tell me even when you think about selling this place" She huffs "Jesus Christ! What has gotten in to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You won't stop keeping secrets from me and you ignore me most of the time now" She yells in frustration.

"I do not"

"Oh really? What's my schedule for today?" She asks "I told you yesterday after you thanked me for bringing you a box of tissues but you were on your phone I doubt you heard me"

"You have off today?" I say as more of a question.

"Wrong answer" She rolls her eyes, turning on her heels to walk out of my penthouse but I grab her wrist.

"Rowan stop" I sigh.

"I need to go to work" She tries to pull her wrist from my grip "Austin, let go"

"No, talk to me. You not talking to me doesn't fix anything between us"

"There's nothing to talk about. I told you why I'm angry so I don't see why there'd be confusion" She shakes her head.

"I'm sorry for not telling you what Rosa was doing and about my penthouse and being on my phone all the time" I say "Please forgive me"

"You don't get it do you?" She huffs "A sorry isn't going to make me forgive you. It's so much more than that. How do you expect me to be able to think anything future related about you, if you can't even prove to me now that you're worth it"

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Are you trying to say I'm not worth having a future with? I thought I've proven that I am time and time again. You're just overreacting. So what I kept something from you, I kept the thing with Rosa from you because no matter how much you're against it, you need help and I'm not going to let you stress yourself out. I admit I'm on my phone too often, but 95% of the time it's work related or I'm saying something about you. And selling my penthouse? Yeah I want to sell it, but the reason I am is because I want to buy something for us, but if I'm not worth having a future with then what's the point?" I rant, my throat on fire.

"For us?"

"Yes Rowan, is that really what you got out of that?" I roll my eyes.

"No" She shakes her head "I just don't understand" 

"What is there to not understand? I love you and I want to be with you and living with you just seems like a great idea but I didn't exactly know how to go about it, I've been trying to figure it out" I shrug "And truth be told, I hate this place anyways" I tell her and she just stares at the ground, biting at the nail of her thumb "I don't like fighting with you" I sigh, walking over to her and wrapping my arms around her body.

"I love you" She mumbles into my neck.

"I'd love to kiss you, but I don't want to get you sick"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi
I hope you liked this
I love you

Bad_Boy_Hemmo