29.

Posted: March. 27, 2016

29. Austin.

"Do you mind if I steal Rowan from you a little early today?" I ask Rosa, walking into the bakery. The crowd has significantly died down since I was here earlier, which has obviously relieved Rosa from a lot of stress.

"Um, no" She shakes her head "I don't mind"

"Cool, thanks" I smile, walking back into the kitchen.

"Hi Loser" I grin, kissing her cheek.

"What are you doing here?" She asks in surprise.

"I'm taking you out, I know I said 8, but I changed my mind" I say, and she raises an eyebrow at me "Don't look at me like that, Rosa said I can steal you"

"What do you have planned?"

"Nothing you need to worry about right now" I hold out my hand, and she reluctantly takes it, and I drag her out of the kitchen "Bye Rosa" I wave.

"Bye guys, have fun" She winks. I drive Rowan home and tell her to put in a bathing suit and whatever else she wants and she comes back out not too long after in a long dress, a hat on her head, climbing back into the car.

"Ready?" I ask and she nods.

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"It's a secret" I shrug, driving off to the docks where my yacht is. When we get there Rowans eyes widen at the large yacht on the end, not knowing that it's actually mine.

"Dude, that one is huge!" She gasps "How loaded do you have to be in order to own that?"

"Well, I'd say you'd have to have the second most successful record label, with building scattered all around the world" I shrug casually and she turns to looks at me, her eyes wide.

"It's yours" She gasps even louder.

"What can I say? I live large" I wink and she rolls her eyes.

"More like you overcompensate for something" She mumbles.

"I'm sorry what?"

"Nothing, nothing" She shakes her head, and we climb onto my yacht.

"That's what I thought" I say, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and leading her to the kitchen in my yacht.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Mahone" My chef Rodney greets.

"Hello" I smile.

"What can I do for you?"

"Surprise us, but make sure it doesn't that's fish in it, she doesn't like that" I say, and he nods.

"I'll bring it out to you when I'm done" He smiles, and we walk out of the kitchen and to the Captain of my yacht, telling him to drive around for a little while. I walk to the top deck with Rowan, overlooking the water, and she sighs in content.

"You live such a life of luxury it's crazy" She says in disbelief, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"It can be overwhelming at times, but I guess it's nice" I kiss the top of her head.

"I don't know if I could do it"

"Why not?"

"I don't know" She shrugs "I feel like I'd never know what to do with it" She laughs.

"I didn't at first, even now I don't, but you get used to it" I chuckle.

"I like being poor" She snorts, moving to sit down on one of the chairs "I feel like it helps me appreciate the things I have more" She shrugs, laying back in the chair.