42.

Posted: April. 18, 2016

I want to thank you guys for the very uplifting comments last chapter, they made me feel so amazing and I love you all so very much❤️❤️😘

I need a Wattpad wife. Like everyone has one but me wtf.

42. Austin.

Once I get off work, I drive to Rowan's house, walking up to the front door. I turn the knob and of course it opens, and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Rowan! Stop leaving the door unlocked!" I yell, and she comes running out from her room, wearing nothing but a towel and goes to lock the door "I already locked it" I say before she reaches the door handle. She turns to me, and unlocks the door, shooting me a glare.

"I know"    She smirks, and runs back to her room to put clothes on. I huff and lock the door again, and walk to her kitchen, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion at the bouquet of flowers on her kitchen counter. Rowan walks into the kitchen, and grabbing a glass from her cabinet "Why do you look like you want to kill my flowers?"

"Where'd you get them?" I ask, and she snorts.

"As if you don't know" She shakes her head, filling up her glass with water.

"I really don't. Ro, where are they from?" I ask slowly.

"Austin, stop playing" She rolls her eyes.

"Rowan, I swear on my life they aren't from me" I say seriously, and the glass slips from her hand, shattering onto her floor, water going everywhere. She stares at the flowers with widened eyes, and I look at her in confusion "Rowan, what's going on?"

"He knows where I work" She starts mumbling repeatedly, running her hands through her hair. She begins to pace around the kitchen, talking to herself quietly.

"Ro, Baby" I say but she ignores me still pacing around the kitchen. The glass on the floor had seemed to be forgot until she steps on it, snapping out of her daze to let out a pained cry. She hops off into the living room, blood dripping along her carpet as she attempts to make it to the couch however she trips over a cat toy and falls onto the floor "Shit, Rowan" I sigh, picking her up, and sitting her on the couch. I kneel in front of her, and lift up her foot.

"Don't touch it" She whines.

"Baby, I have to take the glass out"

"No, leave it in there forever. It's a part of me now. We're connected"

"And you're dramatic" I mumble, and she raises her eyebrow at me.

"Though I'm in pain, my foot is still very close to somewhere you don't want to be hit" She smirks sarcastically, and I look down at her foot in my lap.

"Please don't. You'd be hurting the both of us" I say, reaching to grab the large piece of glass from her foot.

"Don't hurt me" She pouts.

"Hold your breath" I say, and she does, as I quickly pull out the piece of glass and she squeals, pulling her foot away from me.

"I told you not to hurt me"

"I'm sorry Baby" I kiss her nose, carrying the glass to the trash can. I toss her a roll of paper towels while I pick up the glass from the floor, using a kitchen towel to wipe up the water. When I walk back into the living room, Rowan isn't there, and I shake my head, grabbing the roll of paper towels and carpet cleaner to clean the blood from the floor. Once I'm done I walk to Rowan's room, seeing her laying in her bed, chewing on her finger nails.

"Stop biting your nails" I say as I walk through the door. She looks up at me, and back down at her nails before letting her hand fall back into her lap "What's wrong Baby?" I ask, laying down next to her, propping my head on my hand.