25.

Posted: Mach. 19, 2016

25. Austin

"Austin, I wanna go to the beach" Rowan whines, moving to straddle my lap as I sit down on the bed, scrolling through twitter on my phone. 

"One second Babe" I hold up a finger and she huffs. 

"I'll go by myself" She sassily states, climbing off my lap. 

"Baby no" I whine, grabbing her wrist, and pulling her back to sit on my lap.

"Austin, stop" She pouts.

"Give me ten minutes" I say, and she huffs, crossing her arms "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing" She shrugs, climbing off my lap once again.

"Babe, seriously" I frown. 

"I said nothing" She huffs, walking out of my bedroom. I get up, and follow after her, scrolling through emails as I follow her into the kitchen. 

"Rowan, tell me what's wrong" I wrap an arm around her waist, opening an email from McKenna. Rowan doesn't respond she just unwraps my arm from her waist, walking out of my back door. I read over the email, McKenna telling me that I have another interview for a talent recruiter tomorrow. I walk to my room and plug in my phone, grabbing my laptop instead. 

I walk out onto my deck, and sit down at the patio table, as Rowan sits in the sand. I don't understand why she's mad at me, I mean these last couple of days have been great for us. She's had fun in Miami, and I had fun just being around her. 

I watch her stand up, and walk closer to the water, letting it wash up on her feet. I look down at my laptop and sigh, shutting it and walking it back into the house. I walk out of my house, and walk down to the beach, placing my hands on Rowan's hips.

"Can you tell me why you're upset?" I whisper, kissing her shoulder. 

"It's stupid" She shakes her head. 

"Rowan, please. I don't like when you're upset" I frown, turning her around to face me.

"It's just- I don't know" She sighs "You've been on your phone for the past two days and I feel like your work is more important than I am" 

"Oh shit Ro, I'm sorry" I wrap my arms tightly around her, kissing her head "I didn't mean to, I'll stay off my phone, I promise. From now till we leave, you're the only thing I'll worry about" I kiss the tip of her nose, and she smiles.

"Now, I'm not saying that you have to stay off it the rest of the time here, I'm just saying that I don't want you to forget I'm here" 

"I know, and I won't" 

"Okay" She nods, and I kiss her lips softly, running my fingers through her hair. 

"Let's take a walk" I mumble, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as we walk down the shore, she leans her head against my chest, moving her hand to lace it through mine "Valentines day is coming up..." I trail off and she giggles.

"It's like a month away, but what's going on in your head?" 

"Nothing" I shrug "I just have a few ideas about what I'm going to do for you"

"I don't want you to do anything for me" She sighs.

"Oh, well that's too bad" I chuckle.

"Austin, you better not do anything for me" 

"It's a shame you said that, because now I'm going to combine all my ideas into one" I smirk, and she rolls her eyes.

"Come on, let's get back" She drags me back to my house in the dark, as a result of the sun setting during our walk. I grab my laptop from my patio table and follow Rowan inside, sitting my laptop on the kitchen table.