17.) Spiritual Ascend

Dedicated to crazy89guy.. :D

3 Idiots at the side again ^__^  -------------------->

<----------------- Please VOTE guys xD

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seventeen:

            Nate and I walked out of the forest together. It was a quiet walk towards the entrance of the park which was instantly interrupted by this hulking figure by the pond. I knew he meant trouble as soon as he opened his mouth.

            “Yo, Gray!” The guy shouted and by the tone of his voice, he did not sound happy. “Can you come here for a sec? I need to talk to you.”

            Nate groaned before looking at me, his good mood already vanishing. “I’ll be right back after I handle Josh, ‘kay?”

            “Wait,” I said as realization hit me. “Do you mean senior Josh Parker, captain of the basketball team?”

            Nate nodded. “Just wait for me here.”

            I watched him jog towards Josh and as soon as he was near enough, Josh began speaking quietly but angrily—low enough for me not to hear what they were talking about. Nate retorted with just as much fire. What was up with both of them? Why were they speaking heatedly to each other?

            This continued for a few more minutes and I was getting a bit agitated as I watched them argue. And Amy was at home right now, all alone…

            “DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL LIFE WITH THAT LOSER?!” Josh’s voice carried out to my place.

            “WHAT’S SO FREAKING WRONG WITH THAT?” Nate shouted back.

            Then they resumed back to quiet arguments but with rage clear in their face. What was that all about?

            “WELL THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD BECOME A LOSER YOURSELF!” It was too late to realize the situation before me. When the words hit me, the action already happened.

            Splash!

            Josh had pushed Nate off the platform and into the slimy, green part of the pond. There was big wave when Nate’s body crashed on the surface of the water, making the platform they were standing on get drenched.

            “THAT’S WHAT YOU GET FOR STAYING WITH A LOSER!” Josh shouted one more time. Then whistles from the Park Officers cut through the air. Josh looked away before making a mad dash for the other entrance of the park. “I TOLD YOU YOU’LL REGRET IT, NATE!” He shouted over his shoulder as he disappeared around the corner.

            I rushed towards Nate who was trying to pull himself up the platform. His body was shaking but not from the cold. He was heaving deep breaths and his body was rigid.

            “Oh, my God, Nate,” I said, holding on to his hand and pulling him up. “Are you okay?”

            He didn’t answer me as he stood up. He was taking in deep breaths to calm himself down. I didn’t mind the fact that he was covered in slime from the pool. All I noticed was that he was trying not to run after Josh and lay a punch on his sorry face.