chapter 32

(ETHAN)

This wasn't happing. Not to us. Not to the family who stayed strong. Not the family who was always having fun and having smiles on out face. Not the one of the woman I love besides my mom. My grandma was not the one to leave. Yet. She was the one who told me about how to be charming. She told me how handsome I was. Even though she still thinks there one of us twins. But that's my grandma. My hero. My idol. Even though she doesn't sing or act, nothing famous. She still the one person I was attached to and I look up to her even though she's a woman.

Grayson was another person who fell to his knees when they told us the news. We both didn't want to get up from our bed and we didn't want to see anyone. Yes I wanted to see Kim but in this condition I didn't want to see her. I didn't want her to feel bad for me and I don't want her fun to go down just because I'm down. I sigh sitting up in bed and running a hand through my hair. My room was dark as it is at night. Today is my grandmas funeral. Its been a week since I've been at school and Sunday morning was when she died. Its been a week since I texted Kim. Yeah once but other then that none.

There was a knock at my room door and I get up and open it up expecting my brother, mom, sister,dad but no it was her. She had this sad look on her face and that's what I didn't want her to have.

"Hi" she finally says and I smile

"Hey" I said and open my room door more so she can come in. She did and looked around my room. I close the door which made the room dark again. I walked over to the window and took down one of the blanket that covered it. I set it aside and crawled back to bed.

We just sat there in silence for a couple minutes. She was playing around with her thumbs and I just look at her. Not in a creepy way. She sighs and looks at me.

"Where have you been?" She asked and point to my room. " is everything okay, you've been gone for almost a whole week and its Friday " she says and turns to look at me one of her legs under her as she sits on it.

"Yea everything fine" I said my voice cracking. I haven't talked for a while just nods or shoulder shrugs. She just looks at me and I know that's not gonna complete everything.

"I know we haven't been going out for so long but before we went out we were friends and I still do worry about you friends or couple wise" she says and I nodded and look down at my hands.

Now I feel bad.

"Please don't do what my ex did" she says and my head shots up.

"What did he do?" I asked with a serious face.

"He just left, with no explanation no text nothing " she says looking at her hands. Her hair falling to her face. I sigh and rubbed my hands on my face.

"I'm not gonna do that" I finally said and she just shrugged like if I already did. I sigh again and grabbed her upper arm and pulled her to me which she chuckled and I smiled. She sat between me legs, her back against my chest. She brought her knees to her chest and hugged them. I just placed my forehead on her back and just started thinking on what to say next.

"Can you tell me what's going on?, we haven't heard about your family and some of us are starting to think y'all are vampires from twilight" she says and I chuckled and put my face back up and hugged her from behind and kisses her shoulder.

" I don't know where to start, you guys already know what going on" I said which a chuckle and she turns around.

"Come on Ethan your not a vampire we all know that's fake all Hollywood stuff" she says fixing herself so we are face to face.

"Your adorable you know that right" I said touching her nose and she blushed.

"fine, but please don't act any different from what you are now, okay?" I said to her and she nodded her head, I know what she wants to hear is that I'm okay and I don't plan on shutting people out." uh, I don't know where do I start, so im guessing from the begging right?" I said looking down. I took a deep breath and looked back at her. she was calm and patient and that's what I like about a girl." my grandmother lily was the best lady ever, well other then my mother and other woman, but she was everything a family member can ask for, she was the best grandma ever and I cant ask for any one more special... uh the night of your birthday I go home and my mom tells me that shes at the hospital and isn't feeling to well, I thought it was that she had low sugar so I just stayed home" I pause and swallow the lump in my throat. Kim places a hand on my cheeks and I look at her. she just shakes her head.

"you don't have to keep going, its okay" she says but I shake my head, she needs to know

" bottom line my grandma died that Sunday morning and me and gray hasn't been the same. today is her funeral and I don't think I can do it, I don't think I can be there, I cant do nothing right and not going to my grandma funeral is going to hunt me for life" I finished off saying and getting off the bed. pacing my room again. I ran my hand through my hair furiously. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turn around seeing her. her eyes are the only thing that calms me down, knowing that she's my light to everything and I don't tell her every day how easy she makes my life. weather is that we fight or not.

" trust and believe me I had to lose someone love and I didn't think of going to the funeral, but everyone was there for me even if its from far they mange to change my mind and make me feel that the only way we both can get peace is if I go, yes I may not have that father figure any more but I have you guys to teach me the wrong to right, so im going to do the same with you, im going to tell you to go to that funeral and give you blessing for her to rest In peace, because if you don't she's going to run around earth trying to look for her peace and door, but im not going to let you do this alone or your brother, or even better im not going to let your family do this alone, im going to be with you guys through the whole ceremony even if im next to you im going to be there for all of you" by the time she was done I was hugging her more tightly then ever. she is truly the best and going back to the begging of the school year I wish I can take all that harm back. but I know that all damage is done but its good to know I can have a chance to fix a couple broken peace's.