chapter 3.

The Bell rings so the day finished and I jumped up from my little sleep hitting my head with Jess arm. I rubbed my head while looking at her. She laughs but gets up and grabbed her bag. I did the same and we both walked out the class. Since its in the basement we had to walk to the first floor. I wonder what I missed during my classes?

"Well I'll see you later, I'll probably swing by" Jess say and I nod as we walk opposite ways. I walked to my math class to see if I can do anything about my low grade on the short test when I seen him in there. My heart drop. I have no idea why I feel this way towards him. But then again it's a crush just like Jess says. I took a deep breath and walked in the class I stood by the white board not interrupting them. But like always the teacher calls on me. I look up and look at him.

"Can I help you?" He asked and I make my way towards him

"I need to know what I can do to put that grade up on the short test" I said and he looks at the paper them my class grade he looks up with a smile

"Don't let that bother you, your grade is still the same that won't effect yours or the class grade " he says and I nod. I turn on my heels but got stop "you know she can tutor you" the teacher says and I turn around

"What!?" Me and Ethan yelled at the same time and teacher laughs

"Kimberly you can be his tutor " he says and I look at Ethan and he shaking his head.

"I'm good" I said and turned around to walk out but I heard something that made me think twice.

"I won't be tutor by someone like her " he says and I tilt my head

"Like what?" I asked turning around

"Ugly, full of yourself, wanting only good grades and being a teachers pet" he says coming towards me and I was taken back a little.

"And I don't want to tutor some guy that thinks he can come in here with his twin and be the bad boy of the halls when he's actually not, do me a favor DOLAN act like yourself and not a wanna be" I said and walked away with my fist on my side I fixed my bag and made my way out the school. I walked to the parking lot and towards Brianna car. Nay, Rodney and Yami are hanging around her car. The trunk was open so I just threw my bag in and got in the car.

Just breath it wasn't bad what he said you've been called worse. I look through the mirror and seen everyone in the back talking. About? I don't know. I just wanted to go home. I plugged in my head phones.

___

Jess was supposed to come over later like she said. Part of me didn't want her too. I know I shouldn't be thinking about it but everything Ethan Dolan had said was starting to take a bigger effect.

I looked at my mirror scanning my face. I looked at my tan skin, my boring brown eyes, my hair that was just as boring. I wasn't a supermodel.

My phone was buzzing with messages I continued to ignore. I sighed and looked down at the dresser where my makeup collection was. Why am I letting this bother me?

"Okay, there are about five messages of me telling you to open the door and I think I rung the doorbell at least sixty times in the last second." I jumped hearing Jess's voice. She stood at the threshold.

I clenched my shirt feeling the beating of my heart. "You scared the heck out of me!"

She shrugged. "I was hoping I would. So, is everything okay because the Kimberly I know can read messages and the Kimberly I know isn't deaf."

I cracked a smile. She always seemed to make everyone smile. "The doorbells not working and the messages I can't really explain."

She shook her head. I knew from her face that was suspecting something was wrong. She wouldn't be wrong, I've been staring at this mirror since I got home.

"What happened?" Jess asked crossing her arms. She pointed out the door. My guess was she wanted to talk this out in the kitchen where she could get a drink.

"I didn't bring any water with me in the car and I haven't drunk anything since school. I'm freaking thirsty." She said as soon as we got to the kitchen.

"Juice or Water?" I asked grabbing two glass cups.

"Something sweet. Juice." She answered taking a seat besides the island table.

I put the cups down and opened the fridge. "I went to my teacher after school to retake a test." I started. I poured her cup of juice first. " Ethan Dolan was there."

"Oh that cute guy you've been crushing on?" She asked cheerfully . Any story with our crushes and she goes to full on cheerleading mood. All preppy, excited, and cheery.

"Yes him." I slid her the glass of juice and poured in mine. After pouring in my juice I put it into the fridge and took a seat. "So basically he didn't want me to tutor him because I'm an ugly, full of myself, good graded, teachers pet."

Jess slammed her cup onto the table, surprisingly it didn't break. "Did I mention how much I hated him? I mean I didn't before but now I definitely do."

Jess rotated the stool towards me and gave me a hard look. "The last thing you are is ugly. You are gorgeous, if he can't see that he's insane in the fucking membrane! And good grades is amazing, your going to be successful and showing woman power and he's just going to be a bum on the slums of like Denver or something."

She took a sip of her drink and crossed her legs. "And if you've seen those slums you would actually feel guilty for the ass of a man."

I smiled. She's right what am I complaining about. I know I'm not the most gorgeous girl in the universe but I'm not ugly, I'm far from it and if he can't see that I shouldn't be stressing about it.

I just hope he changes his attitude because deep down inside I have a good feeling about him. Somewhere inside there's a guy that I can go to when I need someone.

I can't help but want to at least try to find that guy but I don't know if it's worth if he's going to bring my self confidence down. Besides he doesn't want me to tutor him anyways and that's the only way I could find the true Ethan Dolan.

"Oh and your totally not full of yourself I mean dude, all you ever do is think about others. That's why your the mom of the group." Jess smiled.

She started shaking her head as she made her thinking face. "I have a good feeling he's gonna be asking you to tutor him one day. And because your not full of yourself I know your gonna do it. I don't want you too but I'm not as good as you are. I would've kicked him in his balls."

"Oh my gosh this is the best part. I stood up to him after he said that stuff about me, it was so funny."

I told her everything I said. She proudly high fived me. I thought about what Jess said. If Ethan doesn't get a tutor he'll be failing that class and I'm the only girl the teacher recommended him to as far as I know.

Ethan Dolan will be back, I just have to decide if I should tutor him or not because even though Jess is 100% sure I will, I'm not sure if I will this time.