Chapter 18

Kims P o v

I think I'm dead. I can't tell but the light is brighter than it usually is and the grass is greener than I've ever seen. Even the flowers are blooming in perfect elegance that you couldn't get in the real world.

"Your not dead."

I looked to the sound of the voice. It was Ethan. What was he doing here? What happened? Where am I?

He smiled at me raising his hands and scanning them around the room. "I'm here because we're in the surgery room being repaired, we got into a car crash, your in a dream and I am pleased to be in your dream."

"You also apparently read minds in this dream." I mentioned. Background noise. There were birds chirping in the background, and some fresh music I couldn't quite describe. Something classical, something out of this world.

"One thing the Ethan in the real world wishes he had. Damn Kim, your as unreadable as Bella from Twilight. Ethan is literally doing everything wrong because your never telling him what to do right. Your just so damn separated from the world."

I opened my mouth wide shocked at what was coming out of his mouth. So basically what he's saying is it's my fault Ethan's a dick. Nice going, even the Ethan in my dream is a grade A asshole.

"Okay I know your angry, that didn't come out right. Then again nothing ever does with you when it comes to Ethan. Come on let me show you something."

The world started transforming. My eyebrows clenched together in confusion. How is he doing all of this?

He smiled at me, "This is what you and Ethan could've been if you had taken him that day at Walgreens."

I looked at the other version of me, gosh she looked happy.

"Ethan! Ah!" I ran through the snowy fields. My boots were getting stuck in the snow every step I took. I grabbed a handful of snow laughing to the top of my lungs. I'm sure I was being to loud but I don't care, I'm finally in love.

"I'm gonna get you!" Ethan yelled laughing with me. He pelted three snowballs my way. I blocked one but was easily stricken by two of the other ones. I threw a snowball his way, I missed.

He ran after me. I fell in the snow, I couldn't stop laughing. I never loved the snow as much as I love it now. Ethan took me by my waist throwing me into the snow.

He laid on top of me and grabbed my wrist. "And you actually thought you would win."

I giggled smiling cheekily at him. "I won you didn't I?"

Ethan smiled leaning down to kiss me. I kissed him back embracing him because he was the only thing I wanted. Because of him I'm happy and I can face anything with him by my side.

I looked at the happier me frozen in place. Did I push Ethan away? No at that time he had just stopped bullying me, I did the right thing not making a move on him.

You can't forgive someone that quickly. I'm saying all these things in my head but I want what I just saw. I want to be happy, and I want a relationship I could feel comfortable in.

What if Ethan and I had that potential?

"Awww, how cute was that? Hashtag things you'll never have now that you ruined everything." Ethan teased swiping the memory away as he waved his arms away from it.

"Did anyone tell you how rude you are?"

He shrugged, "You did when the real me bullied you, remember?" I raised my eyebrows, how could I forget.

"Anythings possible Kim, anything is possible. If you could have a stable relationship like the one I just showed you than anything is possible because I thought I'd never see that kind of romance."

He popped out with a bag of Cheesy Cheetos. This guy must be a magic of some sorts. He took a bite of his Cheetos. "Not my kind of romance though, to cheesy."

Says the guy who's eating Cheetos. I thought in my head. He grinned, I can tell from his face he read my thought. I'm warming up to him.

"So kick me some thoughts." He said grabbing a handful of Cheetos. "What are you feeling?"

I stayed quiet keeping my arms crossed. He pouted his mouth playfully. "Come on baby girl speak up or forever be locked in this cellar ."

The area changed at the speed of light. It was dirty, dusty, and old. It looked like a prison for the 1700s.

I grabbed the prison bars, "This isn't funny."

"I don't know, I mean it's a little funny..."

I looked at him annoyingly. I saw a lot of sides from Ethan, this isn't one of those sides.

"Okay never mind it's not that funny. Awkward. Anyways, here's a box of tissues."

Tissues popped onto his hands and in a split second they popped into my cell. Why am I getting a bad feeling. "What do I need this for?"

"You'll see."

An image formed into the walls of the cellars, every single wall had the same image. Ethan's in a coffin. I had no words to say.

"When Ethan died you moved on, you went to college, you got married, you had kids, you lived long, but you felt empty. Everyday you walked around wishing you could go back, back to the start of it all with Ethan."

"You wish you didn't push him away and you wish he never died. It bothered you so much that you would've left everything you had to see him again."

"But you knew that wasn't possible, so while you were thinking everyday about this Ethan guy you were getting married and you were having kids and you were feeling guilty because Ethan wasn't going to have that anymore. And you knew deep down that you loved him and you became to stupid in all of those moments with him to notice that. Do not push him away, if you do you'll never forgive yourself and your heart will be broken..."