Chapter 7

- Kimberly -

I couldn't pick a candy. Actually none of us could. Jess has been standing by the candy department for 5 minutes explaining to us how to find the circumference of a circle and everything else about a circle.

It seemed like she was stalling, waiting for someone. First I thought it was the cashier she had a crush on, he was usually working tonight but she hasn't seen him. When she doesn't see her crush she'll wait all day for him.

I wish I was lying.

Bri put her hands on her hips and leaned towards me mumbling, "I bet we can all pick her up and move her out the way she's scrawny enough."

I chuckled, "Knowing Jess she'll start screaming, especially when she needs to make a small scene to find her little boy crush." I joked. Bri made an 'in love' face impersonating Jess.

"Wouldn't that be embarrassing though having your main crush walk in on you being lifted up like a baby?" Yami mentioned hearing our conversation.

"It's Jess. She doesn't get embarrassed." Nay mentioned peaking her head between Bri and I. We all agreed.

"Okay haters." She looked down at her phone smiling. "Pick some candy, take your time. I mean it this time. I'm getting a Gatorade."

"I think your doing better than Jess is and your the one who had a panic attack today." Bri mentioned.

"Yeah definitely. She's acting so weird" Yami said. I looked at all the candy but I felt my mind distancing. I wonder if having that attack made Ethan think I'm crazy or mentally insane. Not that panic attacks make you crazy but a guy like him probably wants someone with less problems than me.

Not that I want to be with him or I care for his opinion, or maybe I do care. My mind hasn't been the same since he arrived. It's a tangled mess and the tangles are just getting messier.

Around 4 minutes into picking candy I decided on something chocolatey. We all share the candy but everyone has two choices of their favorite candies to share with everyone.

Jess came back holding a bottle of Gatorade . "Okay it took forever but I got the Gatorade i wanted." She looked at the candy isle taking two of her favorite candies.

"I can't decide between skittles and starburst or nerds and starburst or nerds and skittles." Yami said staring at the three boxes of candies. I smiled, Yami was always so indecisive. Most of us are. Mine is with Ethan.

The automatic doors opened. I looked the doors way. My heart beat heavily. Ethan walked into the store with his brother Grayson behind him. It's like everywhere I go he's there. He's permanently around me. Physically, in my thoughts, when I sleep. He's everywhere.

Bri groaned, "Ugh it's that asshole."

Ethan looked our way, more like my way and walked towards me. Grayson followed behind.

"Hey girls." Ethan said looking at my friends. Yami and Naymar groaned, Bri mumbled something along the lines of fuck you and asshole deepening her hatred stare at Ethan, Jess crossed her arms observing Ethan.

He uncomfortably pulled his eyes away from Bri. I wanted to laugh about the way she was staring at him. He should just make his funeral bed now. "Kim can I talk to you?"

Bri stood by myself as did the rest of the girls. Jess distanced herself more than usual. She would've told him to leave by now. Somethings going on with her, I guess she's tired of fighting it. I'm starting to as well, he just won't leave.

"I don't think that would be appropriate, would it?!" Bri said angrily keeping her eyes on him. She unveiled the bruises on my arms pulling the cardigan off my shoulders. I shockingly and quickly put my cardigan back up. Gosh, could this get any worse?

Ethan's eyes hardened on the now covered bruises he left on my arms. And behind those hard eyes I saw... Guilt. That's the last thing I thought I would see. "I didn't mean to I swear." His features on his face softened apologetically. "I mean I didn't know it was that bad. It was just a couple pushes."

Jess fidgeted. "No offense, actually no, take this offensively. Your really saying the wrong things right now."

He was. A couple pushes. One push should be enough, one push shouldn't even be happening actually.

"I know I'm sorry I just really need to talk to Kim right now."

"I don't think you should to be honest." Yami said. She kept her hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

As much as I appreciated what the girls were doing I wanted to know what Ethan needed to talk to me for. Half of my heart was hoping he would cancel the whole tutoring thing. The other half says, you can make him stop hiding from the person he is. Don't quit just yet.

"I think that this is my decision. But thanks girls." They all nodded giving me their worried looks.

Ethan took my hand. I stared at it. Butterflies were swarming inside of my stomach. This was unexpected. His hands were warm and maybe this is me being lonely and wanting affection but I really enjoying the touch of his hands.

He led me two isles down and let go of my hand. I looked down at my hand and then back up at him.

"I just wanted to apologize for everything Kim. I don't expect much." He started taking the cardigan off my shoulders slowly unveiling the bruises. I uncomfortably took my cardigan from his hands and pushed it back up.

I didn't want anyone seeing them. It was to hard to look at knowing that this is the type of person he rather be. " I know what I've done."

"And I expect to find your forgiveness for the next few months. And even though you don't know it yet" he hesitantly cupped my chin in his hand. "Your gonna fall deeply in love with me."