Is It Bad To Want Something More? [Modern Sasuke story]

I can’t believe we have to move…just because my father got remarried. I already know my mother blames me for their marriage ending. He left her months before I was born. He’s such an egotistical, self-centered, bastard. My mother use to be a model, and he married her for her looks, nothing else. You see, I was an accident. My father couldn’t stand the sight of my mother during her pregnancy and left. After I was born my mother couldn’t regain her former form and lost her job. Because of me she lost everything her job, her lover, her body, and her dreams. And she never lets me forget it. I stared out the car window, watching unfamiliar scenery pass by.

“That’s going to be your new school. You better remember how to get here. The school year starts tomorrow.” I watched as a fairly big school passed by.

‘Konoha High huh?’ I thought to myself. You see, my mother talks at me but I’m not allowed to talk back. I’m not even sure what my voice sounds like anymore. At my old school I had no friends and the teachers didn’t even bother addressing me. The car pulled into a really nice neighborhood filled with big houses. My mother and I are pretty well taken care of, you might even say rich. Between my father's alimony, child support, and the money my mother saved from her modeling jobs she’s maintained her old lifestyle. She pulled the car into a driveway of a beautiful house. She turned off the car and removed the key from the ignition.

“The movers should have already unloaded our stuff, so go inside and unpack. After that I don’t care what you do.” She slams the car door shut. I nodded my head and followed her up and into the house. I was in awe with the house. It was two stories; the bottom consisted of the living room, kitchen, laundry room, and a bathroom. Upstairs there was my room, mother’s room (which had a connected bathroom), a bathroom and an entertainment room. I quickly unpacked my clothes and the few things that I had. I let out a soft sigh and I lay on my bed. It was almost dinner time, but that didn’t really matter… My mother doesn’t allow me to eat anything except diet pills, water and protein shakes. She says it’s because she wants me to have the body she no longer can have. But I think she just wants to destroy my body like I destroyed hers…I sat up on my bed and noticed a backpack that my mother prepared for me. I got up and looked in it. There were lots of school supplies, my schedule and my locker information inside. A sticky note was stuck to the front of my schedule.

‘School starts at seven sharp. Leave by six if you want to get there in time. –Mom.’ I sighed. I’m supposed to walk everywhere I go since mother says it’s ‘good exercise’ so I don’t get fat. I crumpled up the note and looked over my schedule.

1st English Comp-Kakashi Hatake

2nd Chemistry-Orochimaru

3rd P.E.-Gai Maito

LUNCH

4th Creative writing-Kakashi Hatake

‘Great…this should be a fun year…’ I sighed putting my stuff away. I looked towards the clock…6:30. I changed into my pajamas, not having much else to do. I lie in my bed and set the alarm to five. I figured I’d just get some sleep since I was sort of tired from the move.

*Beep-*

I quickly shut off the alarm. If it beeped more than twice mother would be mad. She always had a hangover in the morning and any loud noises upset her. I quickly took a shower and got dressed before heading downstairs to pack a lunch, if you could call it that. A brown sack was sitting on the counter. I looked inside to find bottled water and a pill. I sighed as I closed it, looking to the fridge. I wondered what delicious things were hidden within…too bad I’d never know. Mother fitted the fridge with an alarm so I couldn’t get into it. I grabbed onto my lunch and quietly left the house. I had a hell of a walk ahead of me…

The walk only took around fifty minutes so at least I had time to find my locker and class. The school was full of people and was very lively. I just focused my attention on the paper in my hand, skimming the numbers on the lockers, until I found mine. I opened it and organized it to my liking.

“Are you new here!?” the voice startled me making me smash my head against the top of my locker. I held my head in pain as I looked to where the voice came from. “Are you alright? I’m sorry if I startled you!” A blonde haired boy with bright blue eyes apologizes. I gave him a questioning look. Why the hell was he so loud this early in the morning? “I’m Naruto Uzumaki!” he looked at me, waiting for my name. I opened my mouth but the words weren’t coming out. He gave me a questioning look as I tried to talk.

“Nao-” My voice cracked. I haven’t used it in such a long time. I tried clearing my throat, hoping that would help. “Naomi Fumo.” My voice was weak and frail.

“It’s nice to meet you! So are you new?” I nodded my head. “I knew it!” he yells excited. “Do you have your schedule?” I nodded. “Let me see it.” He grabbed the paper out of my hand before I could refuse. “We have 1st, 3rd and lunch together!”

‘…Great…Well at least I won’t be alone for a change…’ I think to myself, almost zoning out.

“Come on! What are you waiting for!?” Naruto gave me a big smile as he started to drag me to class by tugging on my arm. I had to quickly shut my locker as he continued to drag me down the hall. What the hell have I gotten myself into?