From the corner of his eyes, Kris could see her staying frozen. "What?" He asked confused. He took a quick glanced at what she was looking at. "Why are you so surprised?" He closed the compartment, snapping her out of her daze.

"I thought you threw it away." She leaned back on her seat and wiped the grease on her fingers with the tissue.

He snorted. "Why would I?" A smirk ghosted on his lips.

Yeojin knitted her brows. "Why wouldn't you?" She retorted.

"I may not like our marriage, but I'm not senseless," he reasoned and Yeojin held back a scoff. "We need to wear the rings once we publicly announce this marriage." He left out the reason that he kept it also to wear it at certain occasions when he knew some people would offer their daughters to him.

"Oh." Of course!

Kris briefly glanced down at her hand before looking back at the road. "You haven't been wearing yours for quiet awhile," he noted.

Yeojin looked down at her fingers and pursed her lips. "Yeah. I keep it in my bag though."

The awkward silence arrived again. Few months ago, Kris would like her silence. But not anymore now. He mulled over what to say to break it. He then remembered something.

"By the way." He cleared his throat, gaining her attention. "Can you get that plastic bag on the back seat."

Yeojin twisted her limb and extended an arm to take the large plastic bag, she just noticed now, on the back seat. "This one?" She brought it to her lap and peek inside.

"That's for you." The way he said it was as if he was prodding her to take out whatever was inside.

"For me?" She blinked surprised and reached inside the plastic bag. Her eyes were rounded in another surprise when she took out a very large blue beaver plushie with long legs and long arms. "Whoa! What is this?" The plushie was big enough to hide her. She was sure it might even be taller than her if she made it stand.

"Birthday present." He shrugged.

"Ow...kay? But why is this so big?"

"To accompany you if I'm not around when it rains." Yeojin was too stunned to say anything while Kris continued, "You can't rely on the family or me forever."

"So I gotta rely on this plush instead," she stated rather than asked. "And pretend this is you."

Kris couldn't hold back a snort. "You said you just need to know that you're not alone when it rains."

"This isn't a living thing though." Yeojin pouted as she stared at the beaver's face.

He groaned at her lack of enthusiasm. "If you don't want it-"

"I didn't say I don't want it." She hugged the plush and Kris smirked. "Besides, on second thought, this beaver does look like you."

"Ya!" Yifan protested with click of his tongue. "It looks more like you! Because beavers have chubby cheeks and are short. Just like you."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." She rolled her eyes. A smile slowly crept on her lips as she looked down on the big plush. She took the plush's hand and saw a red dot with the writing 'PRESS ME' on it. "What's this?"

Kris eyes rounded when he saw her going to press it. "Wait don't press it!" He grabbed the plush's hand while his other hand was still on the steering wheel.

"Why?" She frowned.

"Just... don't do it yet. Not when I'm around."

Yeojin's frowned only deepened but she complied. "Tsk. Fine." Only when she said it did Kris let the plush's hand go. "Thanks anyway." She gave him a smile.