His Kiss

I woke up crying.

"Mom!" I cried in deep ravaging sobs. "Come back... mom!"

"Shh." Someone was trying to calm me down but I still remember my mom disappearing and leaving me to fall into darkness. Strong arms wrapped around my body and rocked me back and forth.

Eventually I calmed down but my head was starting to hurt really bad.

I looked up at Jack who was giving me a worried look.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Uh... yeah." I wiped my tears, "had a nightmare."

"What was it about?"

I shrugged, "I don't know... mom disappeared and I was just falling into darkness." I thought about the dream and how it was the same each time, fear started to etch its way into my heart. "I think... I think it's because I'm about to die... my body is preparing me or something."

Jack rolled his eyes, "Girl, you're not about to die. Calm down."

I sniffed, then crossed my arms. "Yeah, well, I've been having the same dreams of me falling into darkness. It's a premonition... it may not me the tumor but what if something goes wrong during the surgery?"

My eyes widened with fear as I looked Jack in the eye, "something could go wrong!" I repeated, my breaths starting to quicken. "I don't want to die."

"I'm already contacted the best surgeon in the USA, you're not going to die."

I hugged myself. "Yeah? And if I do?"

Jack sighed, then held my hand. "You'll be fine."

After a few moments I asked him about this surgeon.

"His name is Doctor Rosswell, he's performed hundreds of surgeries and him and my dad know each other. I already got you the hook up, you should feel lucky, do you know how much he cost?" Jack's eyes widened, "a shit load."

My brows twitched, "if that's so then don't. I don't want to owe you a penny."

Jack smiled, "You won't. It's on the house."

I shook my head, and he sighed.

"Fine, if you allow me to take you out on one date then you pay off your debt."

I glared at Jack, "Seriously? That's all you can think about?"

"That's all I'm asking for."

I looked Jack in the eye, not happy, but I nodded. "Fine, one date."

"Deal. Now...." Jack started, then grabbed the thermal cup on the table stand and handed it to me.

"What is it?" I asked as I grabbed it. "Green tea again?"

"No, better. This is a vegetable/fruit smoothie. It has a lot of super foods in it that are high in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, etc., etc. that will heal your body."

My face scrunched up. "That sounds disgusting."

Jack tutted, his eyes narrowing. "Drink it."

I rolled my eyes and flicked off the cap, placing my lips tenderly on the rim of the cup. Dramatically I took tiny sips it and prepared for the worse-