It Begins

I found my blue and black, flower themed yukata all the way in the back of my closet.

I went to the bathroom first, showered, then put the yakata on, and fixed my hair. In all of this time my mind was consumed with the thoughts of Kale and the lingering feeling I still felt. I made my way downstairs where Alison was waiting.

Alison didn't see me, I stared at her, she looked so... evil. Like, darkness was clouding her entire body. She looked up fast and saw me, her dark expression suddenly brightening up. "Finally, you were taking so long."

"Right." I made my way down the stairs and she motioned me towards the door, acting like old times. "Come on silly, parties been started."

Pray for me.

We got into her car and she drove two neighborhoods down, probably a five minute drive to the party. Of course, it was Jack's. His house was lit, and I mean that in the- the entire school was here. His house looked like a true, movie style horror house.

The things money can do.

I sighed, as we walked onto the 'bloody' pavement and imediately felt bad for whoever was going to clean this stuff up tomorrow. The door was open allowing mist to escape into the yard and music was blaring. Since this was Jack's home no one bothered to call cops.

Alison and I entered the cesspool of teens masscarading as supernatural beings. Some were horibly dressed while others had some admittedly cool costumes. The living room was massive and disco lights filled the room with light along with deafening music.

Unlike my first party I felt more comfortable in my own skin. Or maybe it was just because I was in a costume. We found Ria and Naruto at the entrance to the kitchen drinking beer. Ria was all up on Naruto, she was dressed as a sexy, stomach showing, nurse and Naruto was a doctor I guess. Ria spotted us first and unlatched herself from Naruto to come give me a half hug.

"Hey, girl I haven't seen you in a while!" Ria said, her breath reeked of beer. I pinched my nose and gently moved her face away, instead of being insulted she just laughed and went back over to Naruto.

"Yeah. I didn't want to be here." I said but my voice was drowned out by the music.

Ryan and Jude suddenly appeared on both sides of me. I only knew it was them because they were the only pair who ever did that to me. They wore scary hockey masks, black shirts, and black pants with synthetic blood covering their arms and exposed part of neck and spatters of it on their masks.

"We're surprised you made it to the party." They spoke into my ears.

"Unfortunately!" I yelled back at them.

They grabbed onto my arm suddenly, "We want to show you something."

I groaned, "No, I don't want to!"

"It's outside!"

I stopped to consider then I realized that it's outside. I didn't want to be in here anyways. So I allowed them to take me to the backyard, Alison said she didn't feel like coming so I just shrugged. Sucks for her. There was a big pool outside and I saw Jack with his shirt off, a cape around his neck and wearing black swim trunks

"What the..." I shook my head.

A bunch of people were around him, screaming, cheering, all very childish like.

"Is that what you wanted to show me?" I asked the twins and they shook their head.

"No, it's much more interesting."

"Okay."

It's whatever.

***

Alison watched them leave, her eyes hard, a sadistic smile lit her face.

"You good?" Ria asked her, too drunk to understand what Alison was plotting. It's for the greater good, Alison told herself, wholeheartedly believing so. A hand suddenly placed itself on her shoulder, she turned to see Kale staring back at her, his blue eyes narrowed.

"What?" She asked him, feigning her shock. "I didn't know you were coming."

Alison looked him up and down, enjoying every inch of her boyfriend. She smiled at him, "You look nice, despite not wearing a custome."

Kale let go of her shoulder, "Where is she?"

"Who?"

"Don't play dumb with me."

Alison gave him a weird look, "I'm not? Choca? I don't know, she wandered off somewhere."

Kale looked her in the eyes, trying to find a lie but Alison was too good so he backed off. He was about to leave but Alison grabbed his arm and pulled him back a little to forcibly. "Come on, hang out with me. Please?"

Kale sighed, pulling his arm back. "Let go."

Alison's eyes flashed with hurt, Kale glared at her.

"Stop pulling this crap."

"Please." Alison mouthed, "Just for a minute." 

Alison kept her hold on Kale. Not yet... not yet... I have to keep him for a little longer.