I like this one

It was hard trying to take my next test.

I kept wanting to doze off but I held my eyes open and hurried to try and finish it. After it was done I stumbled to my next class, I was the only one in it so far.

My eyes were burning from lack of sleep. All I wanted to do was to just rest my head on this desk and fall asleep. The room started to fill in with students, some of them were whispering and glancing at me but I didn't care. Jack came in without me noticing and brought his desk to mine.

"Hey?" He asked.

His voice sounded miles away. I turned to him, "Hi."

"You okay?"

I nodded, but honestly I felt a little nauseated and my head was hurting still.

"You're wearing my jacket."

I nodded again.

"Was the food good?"

I nodded a third time.

Jack got quiet as the teacher stood in the middle of the class. "Everyone, you have thirty minutes of free time to work on your project, afterwards we're going to watch a video for the rest of class."

"I got the stuff for the project." Jack said, pulling out a new binder and stuff.

I looked down at the title.

Invading our Personal History.

"Nice title." I said. "It's true..." I grabbed it and flipped to the inside. His name was on a black paper written in white. I opened it and it was his statistics along with some pictures. The second tab was mine, it had my stuff written but no pictures.

"You put effort into it." I deadpanned, low-key shocked.

"I want you to have a good grade after all. We do need to work after school though."

"Ugh." I groaned, "Not today... I'm sleepy."

"Still?"

"Yeah."

"Tomorrow then."

Just thinking of prolonging this until tomorrow made me squirm. "Never mind, today then."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

***

Jack opened the door to his car and let me in.

The leather seats were soft and comfortable. He hopped in and started the engine, a nice purr answered back as we buckled in.

"What places make you calm?" Jack suddenly asked.

I thought for a second, then said, "my room... with my TV on and anime playing."

"What about outside your room?"

I shrugged, "I don't go out much."

"Museum?"

"Eh."

"Aquarium?"

"Never been to one."

"Alright, that's the first site then." Jack said.

I yawned, "Okay."

We drove in silence to the aquarium, it was a thirty-minute drive.