He keeps staring at me!

"That's a cute bathing suit."

Ria picked at the strappy black top I wore, grinning. "Very sexy."

I rolled my eyes, covering my stomach with my arms. "The step monster bought it."

Alison glared at me, she was also putting on her bathing suit. Hers by far outshined all of ours. It was a strappy, high waisted white one piece. Even I had to admit it was gorgeous. The one she bought for me wasn't bad, I just felt so exposed. And I was tired. After the Jack in counter I played for a few more minutes but ended up going to sleep just to wake up four hours later.

Ria sat on the bed that was pressed against the wide window. Outside the sun was high and the beach was starting to get crowded. Instead of a black swimsuit Ria wore a dark blue top and jean shorts. Her black hair pulled up in a messy top bun.

Beth was in the bathroom.

"Why do you keep covering your stomach?" Ria asked.

"Cus I'm fat." I glared at her like it should've been obvious.

"No you are not." Ria rolled her eyes. "Your ass is fat but that's about it and that's a good thing." She winked.

I rolled my eyes and moved further into the corner. We were in the guest bedroom. Ria sat on the bed, Alison was standing in front of the mirror adoring her reflection, and I stood awkwardly in the corner.

"Have you ever thought about straightening your hair?" Ria asked, still pestering me with questions.

"Too much work."

"I could do it," she smiled brightly. "I love doing hair and makeup."

"I refuse." I said.

"What?" Ria laughed. "Oh, come on."

"Good luck." Alison said, "You saw how long it took for her to put on that bathing suit."

It had only took like an hour....

I tugged at my frizzy hair, scowling. I hadn't put a moisterizer in it so it was dry. Ria suddenly stood up and approached me. "What?" I asked, panicking a little.

"Oh, just come over here already." She stood next to the chair that was pushed under a dresser/mirror. "Sit."

"No." I groaned.

"Please, you'll hurt my feelings if you don't." Ria pouted.

I narrowed my eyes, I was about to say something mean but a dark aura started to slither towards me. I gulped, looking at the step monster. She threw heated daggers towards me, a warning on her face.

I sighed heavily and stomped towards the chair. I sat down and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

"Yay." Ria grinned and took the elastic band off my hair. My afro poofed out wildly. Casually, Ria started to talk about her boyfriend. "My boyfriend is going to be here in the next two hours, I can't wait. He is the sweetest thing ever. Been with him since eight grade."

"Cool." I said.

Unfazed by my nonchalance she continued. "You'll like him. Unlike the guys here he's actually a gentleman and knows how to treat a lady right."

Ria parted my hair in four sections then turned on the hot pink straightener. While it heated up she slathered up her hands with heat protectant and started to run it through my hair. "You should really start deep conditioning your hair twice a week at least, spritzing it, and moisterizing it regularly. You have pretty curls but since you don't take care of it it's dry and coarse."