Darkest Secret

I had a long dream.

My mom was in it.

She was smiling and holding my hand... I think this is the dream I've been having for the past few days. I reached out for her but my arms felt lucid. Behind her my dad was standing with his hands in his pocket. He... he disappears first and then mom starts to disappear.

I tried to tell her to stop but my lips wouldn't work.

Suddenly my body felt paralyzed. I couldn't move and the dream around me started to disappear into blackness.

I woke up gasping and freaking out.

The dream already starting to fade from my memory.

I looked around, then the pain came stabbing me in the head. "Ow." I held my head and groaned. Slowly, I started to regain my awareness but my glasses were off. I searched for them on the nightstand and wondered why I couldn't feel my dang clock. I leaned closer and finally found the glasses. I sighed in relief and put them on.

As soon as I put them on I freaked out.

One, this is not my room.

Two, there's a needle in my arm.

Three, this is a hospital.

Four, I'm alone.

"Hello?" I called out. I looked out the window, the sun was sinking into the horizon... or was it rising? The door opened suddenly. I looked over and saw a nurse walk in. Why did she seem familiar?

I've seen her before...

The nurse smiled at me, "Hi, I'm Mrs. Robinson, from the festival? I feel like I just see you all the time girl."

Ohh... "Why am I here?"

Mrs. Robinson walked over and checked me out, "You have to start taking better care of yourself, Choca. You collapsed at school, worse, fell from a flight of stairs, lucky for you it wasn't a huge fall. You cracked your head pretty good though."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Having a high fever plus fatigue, dehydration, and near starvation is a recipe for disaster."

I shook my head, "I've been eating."

"Not enough."

"Where's... my mom?"

"She'll be here at nine, it's only eight." Mrs. Robinson winked, "However, you have a very nice boyfriend, so sweet, always coming to visit you. Aww, young love."

"What?"

"Your boyfriend, Chrisland's son... oh but the Rivers's son visits you too. How nice it is to be young."

Jack and Kale?

"They were here? How long have I been out?"

"It's been three days."

My brows scrunched... "Three days? What day is it?"

"Saturday, hun. Anyway, let me check you out to make sure you're okay."

Mrs. Robinson finished her routine on me and then nine came and mom was here. She came rushing in like a hurricane.

"Oh my baby!" She cried and pulled me into a hug that caused pain to pulse through me.