One on One

It was lunch time.

I sat at my usual seat and ignored the stares and comments that were thrown at me. I pulled out my phone and read manga, my stomach grumbled but at the same time I wasn't hungry... well I'm hungry but I didn't want to eat at the same time. My stomach was in knots as I waited for his arrival. He would come, like any other day Kale would come and sit next to me. We were just starting to really get to hang out and get to know each other. I still remember that night in my room, how he made me feel... I shuddered with delight but at the same time my heart was slowly dropping with the minutes that passed.

At any moment Kale would come... I know he would. I peeked over the rim of my glasses and searched for him. A few more minutes passed, I blankly stared at my phone. A migraine suddenly pierced my temples but I ignored it... Kale is going to come.

Kale never came.

The bell rang, I waited for a moment longer before getting up and making my way to my next class. When I walked in I had eyes all over me. I didn't care, honestly what was new?

"This bitch think she pretty." I heard a girl whisper in class.

"Ugly whore."

"Jack must've been drunk."

"Way to drunk."

When class ended I left with my head tall and headed to my locker. Across it was Jack and a few other guys talking.

"Bruh, I can't believe you tapped that."

I put my books in my locker.

Someone else said, "I mean, she looks pretty hot."

"Ew, dude, I heard that pussy smells like fish."

I slammed my locker shut.

Okay Jack, just let them talk shit. I don't care.

"It didn't."

My ears perked up, slowly I turned towards him. He was eyeing me, grinning.

"What you guys heard was bullshit, that's all I'm saying about that." He kicked himself off the locker, winked at me, and continued down the hall. A smile turned up the corner of my lips just the slightest as I walked the opposite way.

I wanted to let it sink in that Jack freaking Chrisland actually defended me, but then I ran into Kale and Kale didn't look too happy. He gave me this heavy-lid look like I betrayed him. My heart pained seeing him look at me like that... I guess hearing what Jack said didn't help my case. He probably hates me even more now.

"Can we talk...." my voice trailed as he side-stepped me and kept walking. I clutched my books, closed my eyes, felt my migraine build, and tried to breathe through the pain.

"Hey."

My eyes snapped open and I looked at Alison.

She cocked her head, "You okay?"

"I'm fine." I muttered, "I'm going home."

I tried to escape from her but Alison pulled me back. Her face concerned, "Listen, I heard what happened, I want to help... but..."

I glared at her, "It's your fault to begin with!"

"How is this my fault? I didn't tell you to fuck Jack... actually I'm very disappointed and shocked..." Alison pursed her lips, her brows dipping.