My Slushy Hand

I woke up due to loud thunder and rain hitting my window.

My body was sweaty from a nightmare I couldn't remember. I... wait... why am I in my room? Wasn't I just at the aquarium? I looked over at my clock, 9:13. I rested my head back down but the noises of the storm kept me up. I couldn't fall back asleep no matter how sleepy I was. I reached for my phone but couldn't find it anywhere near me.

"The hell..." I muttered but then spotted it on my nightstand. I grabbed it and opened up to see that I had three new messages from Jack.

"Goodnight, get some sleep."

"I had fun today, more to come Chocolatee <3"

"I'll be by your house in the morning to pick you up."

I sighed, closed my phone and then pressed my face into the pillow. "I don't get you!" I groaned.

I didn't get any sleep again.

I sat on my bed for a good half hour around six in the morning trying to figure out what to do with my life when mom suddenly came in and said that Jack was here to pick me up. I sighed deeply then got up and got dressed. Today I just threw shit on. My hair's messy, I wore my glasses, I threw on sweats and a sweater.

I headed to the bathroom just as Alison was coming out.

As soon as she saw me she rolled her eyes, "I hear Jack's here to pick you up. Don't you feel special." She spat and then marched downstairs.

I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, then walked downstairs. I waved towards the kitchen and then opened the door to where Jack was waiting.

"Morning beautiful." He said.

I gave him a look. "Beautiful? You don't have to lie."

I had dark bags under my eyes, my hair was a messy, and I'm wearing a black sweater and baggy sweats.

"I'm not lying, come on."

***

He parked near the end again and we walked out.

This time he walked with me.

I didn't care, I was too tired.

I went through my classes like a zombie, at lunch Jack brought me a small fruit salad and a sandwich. I admit that this was really starting to get to me. But gifts would not buy my love and I told him that.

I ate in silence.

I didn't finish though, my stomach felt like it was about to tear open so I put it in my bag for later. That's when I heard Kale's voice. I looked up and saw him walking with his friend. My heart thumped at seeing him, it was annoying but I just wanted to be with him.

Maybe I was thinking deliriously when I decided to stand up and try and talk with him.

"Hey." I called out. "Kale."

Kale and his friend stopped to look at me. Kale looked at the ragged state I was in and arched a dark brow.

"Uhm... can we talk?" I asked shyly.

Before he could talk Davin punched in, "Girl, get your ratchet ass away from us."

I slowly turned to this (bleep). "Excuse me?"

"You heard me." Davin said nastily. "Probably got shit down there knowing you fucked around with Chrisland."

If I kill him... would I go to jail?

I took deep calming breaths then turned to Kale. "Please, can we talk?"

Kale sighed, then gave me a wary look. "I don't think so...."

My eyes pained over, "Kale please don't turn me away. I... I love you..." I said quietly.

"Then maybe you shouldn't have fucked around bitch." Davin said, trying to move him away.

"Davin." Kale said dangerously.

Davin rolled his eyes, "Bruh, whatever, let's go."

"You can go." Kale said, surprising both of us but then he turned to me, "you too. I need time to think."

My hands fell loosely to my sides and I stared at my feet, sadly. "Okay." I turned away and hated myself for being this hurt. I sat back down on the bench feeling exhausted. I grabbed my head, it was pounding so bad, like it was about to explode.

I saw Beth out the corner of my eye but I didn't look up. I guess I should have so I could've seen the slushy coming.

"Oops!" She feigned as cold, blue slush rained down on my head and dripped down my face and neck.

The cold shock made me stand up fast.

Blood rushed to my face, adrenaline coursed through my body. "You freaking bitch...." I pulled back my fist to hit her but the world suddenly tilted on its axis; I swayed on my feet and fell to my knees the hard impact jarring me.

Beth and her friends started laughing.

"Yeah, get on your knees... that's all you know how to do."

"Right!"

"God, you're so pathetic."

"Your mom is probably a whore too."

"I feel bad for Alison's dad her mom is just leeching from his riches."

"God, I hate poor people."

Rage flooded me, I stood up shakily, wiped the slushy from my face and then when Beth was too distracted I slapped her with the slushy hand, hard. My hand pulsed with pain but I know that Beth was hurting more. She screeched, her friends stared with wide eyes.

"Don't you ever disrespect my mother!" I snapped, eyes were on me but I didn't care. I stormed away, my breaths fast and short, my body felt so weak... I walked to the stairs, gripped the railings, my body shaking and shivering but at the same time I felt so hot and my head was pounding. My stomach grumbled... Jesus... feels like I'm about to just pass out. But I held strong, I just had to make it to the roof and I'd be fine.

Somehow I made it to the third floor... just one more step and I could be on the roof, it was peaceful there and Jack would find me eventually. My vision turned double as I pushed open the double doors to the roof but... it was locked.

"Damn..." I breathed. "The one freaking day and you lock it..."

Every last thread of adrenaline left me, leaving me breathless and light headed. I started to make my way back down, my lids felt like weights just as I took another step a gray darkness started to eat at my vision. My foot missed a step and my stomach dropped as I fell... it felt like I was falling forever.

Why can't it just end already?

My vision started coming back just as I faced the ground, weakly I brought up my arms but it was too late. Pain erupted from my head but it was numb... I couldn't feel it anymore... there was just darkness.