The Project

In class, Jack chose the seat in front of me and just gave me this look like he knew all my secrets and was highly amused.

"What." I finally snapped.

"So... you and Kale, huh?"

My heart lurched. "What?" I said a little breathlessly. I wanted to smack myself! Way to make it obvious you spaz!

Jack chuckled, "I can see right through your pretty little virgin mind."

My face flushed with heat, embarrassment, and the urge to reach across and punch his eye, maybe that'll fix the color if I hit it hard enough.

"You shut up!" I snapped, but kept my voice low enough so the class didn't hear. To my surprise his groupies were all minding their business... well, as far as gossiping to each goes.

"So is it love or is it lust?" He asked, the same amused smile plastered on his face.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Don't talk to me."

"Well, for your sake I hope its just lust and that it never develops to love."

I turned back to look at him when I noticed the shift to his voice. Jack's eyes were serious now, almost pitying.

"There's two kinds of princes, Choca." Jack held up a finger, "One who abuses his power and looks to gain bitches and riches, and the second.... hides behind a mask to gain bitches and riches. Life lesson."

"Very deep, Jack" I mocked.

"I'm just saying... be careful of who you fall for or you're gonna be heartbroken. I actually like you in a I-don't-wanna-fuck-you way, even though I act like it sometimes-"

"I was about to say." I interject, rolling my eyes. But ow to my ego.

"I think of you as a little sister or cousin, you're just so tiny and-"

"Get on with your point."

"I'm warning you to stay away from Prince type B."

"You mean, Kale."

"If the shoe fits." Jack shrugged, "I just don't want to see you getting hurt."

"Why do you care? I mean, you're prince A then if you get down to it. You don't care about the girls you fuck and especially you don't care about Alison's so?"

As soon as I mentioned Alison's name he tried to laugh it off as if I had said something stupid but I could tell that me mentioning her name was taboo.

"Look, I don't know what your talking about," He says as he starts to turn around in his seat. "But you need to chill. I was just warning you so you don't get those virgin feelings of yours crushed in more ways than one. But it's your decision, do what you want."

Jack's back completely faced me now, just as the bell rang for class.

I glowered at the back of his head. Why'd he have to go and say that? First off, it's none of his business and second he had no right to talk! He was the the King fuckboy in this entire school!

Mrs. Janes walked in with a scowl on her face. Great. It was going to be one of those days. Everyone hushed because they knew how she got when she was irritated and everyone was talking.

She placed her stuff on the desk, grabbed a stack of papers and started to pass it out to each row. "This is a two person project that must be completed before Christmas break, it's a big project, it will count as two test grades but it is easy. Turn it in late and you will receive a zero, I think it's fair since you have so much time."

Jack handed me the green sheet of paper and I began to scan it. I wish we could be by ourselves and I was about to ask that same question when I read the requirements: Two person team.

"I think this will be a fun task for you teens." Mrs. Janes smirked.

Everyone was already starting to murmur about the project. My lips parted and brows knitted as I read over it.

Mrs. Janes spoke it out loud for all of us though. "You will psychologically evaluate your partner. This is of course is a private project and only I will be able to see it, but if you want to present your findings you can do that if your partner allows it. Also, since we have a rather famous student that I know you crazy girls want to snatch up-" Her eyes went to Jack and he kind of gave this little chuckle. I rolled my eyes. "I've already chosen partners."

Immediately all the girls groaned and started to complain. Well sucks to whoever has to be his partner, I thought to myself. I just hoped whoever I got wasn't a prep.

"Your names are on the board, find your partner and you can start doing the preliminary questions."

My eyes scanned the board for my name. When I found it my jaw dropped, "What?!"

Jack C. and Choca C.

Oh boy did the girls shit even more when it turned out that I was to be Jack's partner.