Let's Hang Out

I was eating my lunch (a ham and cheese sandwich) and swiping my thumb across the screen of my phone to get to the new chapter of Gantz when all the sudden a voice spoke to me.

I slowly turned to Kale, my mouth full of food.

"You going to the Halloween party?" He asked.

I turned away from him, chewed rapidly, swallowed, turned back, and said, "No."

My eyes went from his dark blue eyes to his lips-

Memories: Hello, Choca! You think we forgot about you? (chuckle)

Me: Go away!

Memories: (Pulls out book of Memory Lane) Hmm, ah, yes, you had a very intense, panty wetting moment in the forest with him the other day.

"Kale." I said through gritted teeth, "Please go away."

Kale arched a dark brow.

"No." I said once he didn't leave. "I'm not going. I'm staying home, my life will not revolve around your parties. I refuse it to be."

"So what are you doing then?"

"I'm staying in my room and watching anime."

"Oh. Okay." Kale put a fist to his cheek and stared at me. I blushed hard under his gaze then turned away.

I shifted nervously. Could he leave now?

Seriously.

Go. Away. Feel the vibe coming off my body and leave.

"Then can I come over and hang out?"

At first I didn't hear the question, I was too wrapped up in my own thoughts. But a part of me did hear it and I did react... slowly.

"Huh?" I looked up at him, blinked. "What did you just say?"

"Do you want to hang out?" asked Kale, nonchalant.

"Huh?"

Kale's lips tugged up. "I want to watch anime with you."

"What?"

"Do I have to repeat myself?"

"Why?" The last question was breathless, for I lost all the air in my lungs.

"Because I want to."

I regained my breath and sanity. "No. No. No. Absolutely not."

I don't get him! First he's all silent and stoic, then he becomes... Jack-like. All flirty and shit. I can't deal with it.

"Why not?" He asked seriously.

"Because," I stressed, even waving my hand out like it should be freaking obvious. "It's weird!"

"You're weird so what you getting flustered for? We're just gonna be watching anime. You act as if I'm going to do something to you."

Ohhhh the underlays of that freaking sentence and he knew it.

I stood up fast and walked a little away from him. He stood up too and watched me with amused dark blue eyes.

"I really do want to watch anime." He said.

I narrowed my eyes, "Right."

"Seriously."

"I don't believe you."

Kale suddenly shrugged, "Whatever, fine, guess I'll never finish that series you started me on."

I tutted.

He continued brainwashing me until I finally said.... yes.

Why? Because I'm stupid.