Halloween Festival

After that night I refused to talk to Alison or even associate with Kale or any of her friends. I avoided them everyday at school but that was tough work. Alison tried to apologize numerous times but I was done with her.

It wasn't until a week before Halloween when shit went screwy.

It began with a knock that I ignored. I was in the comfort of my blanket reading Hana Yori Dango when the knocking became more persistent.

"Choca open this door right now!" Mom yelled from the other side.

I groaned, threw off the blankets angrily, tossed the manga to the side and angrily stomped towards the door, unlocked it, and glared at my mother who was glaring at me with dark, evil eyes.

She eyed me up and down and took in the raggedy state I was in. Over-sized black hoodie and black pajama pants with a very kinky afro.

"Dear God, child of mine."

"Hello, mother." I deadpanned, "Can I help you?"

"You've been in your room for the past two days."

"It's the weekend!"

"I'm worried about you Choca, you need to socialize and get a job or do something outside of your room!"

"I have a job."

Mom's eyes narrowed, "Doing what?"

"I make money online. I advertise things, freelance, etc. I pull in about six to seven hundred from a moderate amount of advertising. Four on a slow week, and on a really good week I can make close to almost a grand and that's with my freelancing."

Mom stared at me with a mixture of stun and disbelief.

"It's legal." I added. "Still don't believe me?"

I whipped out my phone with a Luffy phone case and pulled up my bank account.

My checking's contained 2,425 dollars and my savings had 4,892. I showed it to her and watched her jaw go loose.

"This is for a little over two months." I told her casually. I really had more money but I spend so much on a daily basis... I know it's bad. 

"What is it you do?" She asked.

"Advertise, survey questions, and freelance... like drawings, webpage designs, editing stories, script-writing for some YouTubers, etc."

Mom just kind of stared at me.

"Well.... still get dressed, we're all going to the Halloween festival in town."

"What festival?" I groaned.

"It's an annual thing."

"Mom... are you serious?"

"Very."

"And I have to go why?"

"Just get dressed. Now." She gave the look.

"Ok. God!" I closed the door behind her and started to angrily get dressed. I went to my closet and grabbed a pair of black jeans and a long sleeved sweatshirt of a zombie Pikachu. I grabbed my yellow Pokemon printed shoes, put them on, and left my room to go to the bathroom to fix my hair. After moisturizing my curls with water and coconut oil they no longer looked fried.

I angrily left the bathroom and angrily walked down the stairs to angrily meet mom and them at the front door. Someone would have to be dense if they couldn't feel my heated energy, or just simply didn't care. Probably the ladder.