I Won't Give Up

Josh's POV

When I look into your eyes

It's like watching the night sky

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was sitting in the hospital room. The same spot where I had fallen asleep. I looked to my right and there was Taylor, sound asleep. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I had been holding. It was all just a dream.

Just a simple dream.

But something told me that it meant more. It told me that I should remember what I was told in the dream.

Or a beautiful sunrise,

Slowly, she started moving.

"Taylor?" I whispered. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

She moaned. Her eyes fluttered open. It was a huge relief to see those baby blue eyes come to life again.

I was so relieved that I could still have her. She was alive and safe. That was all that mattered.

The rising sun shone through the window. It reflected perfectly off of Taylors skin, already giving her more life. The sun gave me a promise; a promise that would always be there. And just like the sun, I would always be there for Taylor. I would promise to treat her like everyday was her last day.

There's so much they hold

I reached over and grabbed her hand. That was all that needed to be done—no words needed to be shared. The only thing that mattered was that we were still together. We could still be something.

I looked into Taylor's eyes. I could see something had changed. They no longer looked empty; scared. They held life; they held a story.

They held my heart.

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far

"Josh," Taylor said, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Taylor." I gave her hand a squeeze.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

I could already tell from her eyes she was. She didn't need to explain anything to me. I needed to explain everything to her. My promise.

"It's ok," I replied. "I think I understand."

"No Josh. We're both still learning. You don't need to understand. I just, I'm sorry I gave up. On you."

This girl. Even after facing deaths doors, she was still calm. She still thought about others. She was still her. The new, old her. Something had changed.

"After being so close to death, I just. I realized that; maybe it's not the answer."

The smile on my face was only a fraction of the one in my heart.

"Come on Taylor. Lets get you out of this God forsakin hospital."

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

By the time I got her out of the hospital, and to her home, the sun was starting to set. She immediately searched the house, and set everything on the counter, to dispose of. There were razors, many different pill bottles. There were even a few bottles of hard alcohal, one of them was almost empty.

I told her she had to get rid of them herself, not me. That would be the only way I would ever trust her of never going back to the dark side.

I watched her flush the razors and pills. I watched her pour the poisonous liquids down the drain. When she was done, I spoke up.