Superstar

Taylor's POV

I was in the process of moving out while touring the world, which proved rather interesting. I had a collection of things from all around the world. Things from Japan, to stuff from Saskatchewan. I was feeling rather flustered.

I guess it didn't help that I was so distracted by Josh. He was constantly phoning me no matter what corner of the world I was in. I couldn't imagine his phone bill.

My ribs still hurt if I slept on them, or put lots of pressure, but other than that they were fine. Just bruised.

Josh had invited me to his concert. I was ecstatic that he finally invited me. That familiar tingly feeling in my stomach returned as I thought about being with him again. I was starting to come to terms with myself, and I didn't like that. I was realizing that one of my biggest fears was starting to come true. I was begining to fall in love with one of my best friends.

I was terrified.

Maybe tonight when I saw him, things would click back in place and it would be like the old days. Maybe there was such thing as over-missing, and I just missed him too much. Maybe someone had spiked my plumbing and I wasn't thinking clear. Perhaps I was just too lonely.

Or maybe I had fallen in love with someone who was so far out of reach.

I looked down at the markings I had scribbled on a napkin.

"This is wrong but

I can't help but feel like

There ain't nothing more right babe

Misty morning comes again and I can't

Help but wish I could see your face,"

It was obviously a song. However, when I wrote it, it kind of just came to me without much thought. I didn't need to think about who I was writing about, or what the idea was. Now, looking at it, I realized there could only be one good suitor for it. 

____________________

"Josh!" I called as I ran towards him.

He turned around to the sound of my voice. His crooked smile immediately enlightening on his face.

"Taylor!" He wrapped me up in a big hug.

Too soon, he let me go. I twirled in a circle, examining the venue. The spring prairie breeze, filled my nostrils. We were in Edmonton at an outdoors venue.

"Wow, I haven't seen you in forever. I've missed you so much!" I pulled him into another hug. I hugged people often, so this wouldn't be turning into creepy for him. Right? Plus, he radiated heat, and it was freezing.

"Aw, I missed you too," he replied. "You look cold, do you want to maybe catch up in the bus?"

"I'd love to," I said examining his crooked smile.

Our foot steps crunched on the gravel.

"Now, why exactly are you performing outside when it's so cold?" I asked.

"Well, it's not that cold. Maybe like, 12 degrees? That's gotta be a high for Edmonton. It's warmer in the sun as well. And well, it helps when you have meat on your body," he said, referring to how thin I was.

I rolled my eyes playfully. When we reached the bus, he unlocked the door and let me go up first. Instantly, I was tackled into a big bear hug from Matt.

"Taylor!" He roared.

I tried to hide my wince as the hug tightened.

"Matt. Let her go before you turn her into a pancake," Josh warned.