The Best Day

For the sake of the story... Lets all pretend that Taylor Swift sort of had fine athletic skills and knows how to snowboard. 

••• 

Taylor's POV

I sat in Prado café, at our usual table right by the large windows. Tucked right in the corner. I sipped my Mapel latté. It was my favorite drink.

Our favorite drink.

I was waiting for Josh. I hoped he would arrive soon because I didn't want his drink going cold.

Finally, I heard the door open, and he walked in. I gave him a small wave.

Josh's record had been released a couple of weeks before mine. Marianas Trench was about to go on tour across Canada. I would be touring in the spring. Today was the last day that Josh and I would be able to get together.

"Hi," I greeted.

"Hey. what's up?" Josh asked.

"Not much, I got you a Mapel latté," I replied.

"Thanks. So I was thinking. How about we go skiing today?"

"Today?"

"Yeah. Maybe Seymour?"

"Yeah that sounds good. Would the guys be coming?"

"Um, I think that Mike is spending time with his family, and same with Ian, but I could see if Matt could make it."

"Sure. That sounds fun!" 

_________________

I waited in the front room for Josh and Matt to come and pick me up. I had my gear waiting by the door, but I was wearing my snow pants and a sweater. I quickly braided my hair back. I made a checklist in my mind as I did my hair.

I had my snowboard, my boots, my gloves, winter jacket, and goggles. That was about it. I was wearing long socks, and figured that my mane of hair wouldn't fit under a toque plus helmet.

Oh right. Helmet. I went into the garage, and searched for it.

When I came back, I saw a car in the driveway. There was a knock on the door. I walked over and opened it.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Josh answered.

"Yup."

He helped me carry my things to his car. There I climbed into the backseat.

"Hi Matt!" he was sitting in the passenger seat.

"Hey, how's it going?" He asked.

"Pretty good, how bout you?"

"I'm good."

Josh got in the car. He started it up, and drove off.

"So you snowboard?" Josh asked.

"Yeah, sort of. I'm not very good though," I replied. "What about you?"

"I ski."

"What."

"I ski."

"Why?"

"Um, because I ski...?"

"But, skiings for noobs."

"What?"

"You nub skier!"

"How are skiers noobs?" Josh questioned.

"Because they are," Matt joined in.

"See? Everyone knows that. They think they're all cool, and better than snowboarders but they're not!" I said.