|30|

Took a lot of motivation to write this part, I hope you enjoy.

Part dedicated to: bubba_bree

"Someday, someone is going to look at you with a light in their eyes that you've never seen; they'll look at you like you're everything they've been looking for their entire lives. Wait for it."

||Lotus||

"Hm." Noah sighed and looked around. "Seems like she isn't here."

He was right. No one was here. The place looked abandoned, it was a mess and the books look liked they have been collecting dust for years. "We should go back to camp." I put my hand on his shoulder. "No one's here."

Shouting noises came from outside of the library. Men's voices.

My eyes widened, as did Noah's. I lifted him up and dashed to the back of the library, slamming the door shut as men barged into the building. "This is the place!" The men shouted and pushed things aside, creating loud noises. I put my hands over Noah's ears.

"This is the place the suspected kidnappers stay?" Another man with a sullen voice asked.

"Yes. Ace Perun, Ruby Perun, and Nico—" The responding burly sounding man said, but stopped stopped mid sentence. "Do you here that?"

Noah started to sob. I lightly covered my hand over his mouth in an attempt to quiet him down.

"I hear nothing, Captain." Another knight said.

"Get the second in command, Reynor" The captain said. "We are going to go scoop things out."

My eyes dashed around in panic, a very rare and unusual feeling for me. Above our heads, a tiny window allowed a view of the outside world, where rain began to drizzle on the dirt ground. Maybe we can climb out the window.

I scrambled to my feet and hoisted Noah up into the air. His tiny left arm reached for the small opening. He opened it and threw his book far into the rain and mud.

"Maybe in this room, Captain." A man who I assumed was Reynor said. The handle of the door pushed down as his hand was rested on it. Noah squealed.

"Shhhhhhh" I made the noise as quietly as I could. 

"Hold on, Reynor." The captain said, his boots making hard sounds as they met with the floor. "Not just yet."

Noah sighed with relief as he attempted to bring himself up to the opening with his hands. He managed to grab hold on the bottom and heave his tiny over into the opening, crawling through into the outside world. Thank god. I then reached for the bottom part of the opening. My height worked in my favor as I reached it, but barely. I pushed myself upwards.

The door flew off its hinges as it opened. Under the arch stood a tall man with tanned skin and black eyes. A jagged scar ran down his right eye, which had been narrowed along with his left one as he looked at me.

"Captain! There's someone in here!" A fat balding man yelled.

"I knew I should have gone in here first." The tanned man, I assumed was Reynor, strolled towards me.