|26|

--Edited (4/4/16)--

Thank you so much for 300+ reads! I really appreciate it :)

"You haven't failed until you've quit trying."

||Tristan||

In the middle of hoisting myself over the barrier I turned around and smirked with my stunning and drop dead gorgeous look to Leona, who was screaming something. Beats me what though, the sound of people being slaughtered kind of got in the way.

"What! What was that?" I hovererd my right hand over my mouth and called out to them.

The three looked at me with angered expressions on their faces. I wasn't sure why though, what was I doing wrong?

And in an instant, I felt a sharp hot searing pang dig into my skin. My right hand instantly grabbed the left side of my torso while my left hand let go of the barrier wall. In between my fingers a wooden dowel rested, only then did I realize I was impaled with an arrow.

"Tristan!" I heard familiar screams echo in the distance, but I was to focused on the pain on my left side. Thoughts of confusion and denial swarmed my brain- had this really just happened? I clutched the arrow as I landed hard on the ground, sand gusting beneath my side and getting into my eyes. Coughing, I felt hot sticky blood trickle down my torso and soak my shirt. I turned on my back and lifted my head to look at the damage. Hopefully, it was all just my imagination.

In my blurry peripheral vision, it was clear that a wooden arrow was sticking out of me. I groaned and rested my head back on the ground, arching my back. What the actual fuck was going on.

I couldn't die...I can't. I had so much to live for and so much to do. My mother died many years ago in a Teran attack to give me the right to live. For it to just go to waste now, when I've done nothing remarkable like she believed I would do was unacceptable.

I needed to get through this. With all my might, I brought my hand to the end of the arrow, wrapping my fingers around it.

The sound of swords meeting and clanging together was heard not to far away from me. I groaned and made an attempt to shift my head to my right, only I couldn't.

There was still so many things I wanted to see. To do. To avenge.

I clenched my teeth together as I yanked out the arrow. It moved up a bit upwards, causing more blood to gush out of my side. Wincing in pain, I yanked it further. More sticky blood seared out and made its way to my stomach and back.

Two small hands landed on my chest. "Tristan! Tristan?"

"Yes.....?" I managed to spit out, blood dripping out of my mouth along with the words. I couldn't tell who's voice it was, but it was feminine. Most likely...uh...Rilynn?

"We're going to get you out of here, okay?!? Just bear with me for a second." Her voice sounded nervous and scared, and I couldn't blame her.

I felt Rilynn's small hands grip around the arrow and slowly started to wiggle it out. The pain was unbearable- it felt like it was twisting my guts around. A loud, bloody, and painful scream escaped my lips .

"Calm down!" Rilynn fumbled around with the most unnerving voice. "Just think happy thought!"

Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts. What popped into my mind was a nice, round, pair of—