|07|

--Edited (3/31/16)--

"We met for a reason. It was either a blessing or a curse"

||Lotus||

He reached down, picked up a twig, and repeated. His blonde hair was disheveled and dirty and pointed in all different directions, scars and blood covering his face and hands. Well he did fall out of a carriage earlier.

Despite his filthy appearance, the muscular man had armor on that is worth more than my own life. My eyes sparkled with mischief and I grinned as he continued performing his actions.

This man bored me.

Time to die.

He looked up once or twice, sensing my presence. It was odd– no one I've come across can hear my gentle footsteps
and can't anticipate when I would shoot an arrow through their hearts.

No one can really anticipate when a Ciro is in their presence. They are kind of just there, watching in the background. They usually are all around quiet. You wouldn't even be able to hear their screams.

That's why my parent's death was even more tragic.

They screamed and begged for help as they struggled for air on the second floor of our dysfunctional home. Smoke engulfed their lungs and they collapsed, turning into ash only seconds later as their bodies were set a flame by the hands of the unknowing Teran soldiers who just wanted a bit of fun on what looked like an abandoned house.

You would think since we were Ciros, the air would be on their side and allow them to pursue their lives. The only time the air volunteered was when it drifted their ashes away as I watched and cried.

Then, there was nothing.

Since that day I haven't used my Ciro powers and turned to my trusty bow and arrow, because with this bow and arrow I can target the right people and not the innocent.

I lifted up the bow, ready to kill the Teran soldier.  I shifted my place on the rock, sitting in a more comfortable position.

I can imagine the arrow swiftly gliding threw the air, aiming for the poor bastard's heart. Such a shame he would have to die. I mean, already killed his ride. One by one I would kill these soldiers.

The arrow was pulled back and in place. In less then a minute, he would die.

A gust of wind knocked the arrow out of my hand and my bow fell out of my hands. My white hair flew back and forth and into my face.

Air had clearly been against me.

I stood up, enraged. I nearly screamed, but held back. Like I said before, Ciros typically had a quiet voice. But not me.

He looked up and looked in my direction. I slowly moved back off the rock until I was hiding behind it. The guy then look off into the other direction, then back at mine.

I swore under my breath and back up further as the air blew one more time. My white hair flew around like crazy. Without a doubt it gave my location away.

I turned around on my tip toes and used the one thing about me that was quiet, my feet. I ran deeper into the forest without making a peep.