|11|

--Edited (4/3/16)--

"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle is do we not laugh? If you poison us will we not die? If you wrong us shall we not revenge?"

||Andreas||

A gentile tap on my shoulder woke me up that morning.

I opened my eyes, still feeling the weight of my  eyelids trying to shut and pull me back into sleep.   My vision was blurry as I looked around the brown and green forest. Only there was something that wasn't brown and green in front of me.

A female figure sat in front of me, hands guarding her. She has brown hair, neatly placed in a bun. Glasses rested on the bridge of her small nose.

I didn't take a genius to guess it was the one and only Kyna.

"Gah!" I yelled and sat up. She looked up at me concerned, which was a once in a lifetime thing considering how she usually presented herself.

"Andreas! Thank goodness you're alive! Are you at all harmed?" She touched my right arm and squeezed. God, as grateful I was that someone was concerned, it didn't make me want to slap her hand any less.

"Not at all. What are you doing here?! You should be with our empress!" I scolded.

"I heard you were lost and I couldn't stand not knowing if you were ok or not."

"But how did you find me?"

She flashed a pearly white smile and pushed her glasses up with her finger. "I have my ways, Andreas."

I cleared my throat and looked around the camp. The fire had died down to nothing but burnt logs. Expected. The three clowns sleep on the other side of the died down fire, snoring like animals.

Kyna was staring at me intently with her dark green eyes. The awkwardness in this moment was so intense you could cut it with a knife.

I hadn't made eye contact with her and backed away a little bit. I wasn't trying to be rude... I was just, I don't know.

"Oh." Kyna finally realized what was going on. "My sincerest apologies. We should probably wake up the buffoons." She said, motioning towards Luke, Joel, and Xavier.

"Good idea." I agreed.

After about five minutes of trying to wake the three of them up, we all finally settled by the burnt logs and she answered the same questions I had asked her moments ago.

"Ah, I see." Luke said, taking a swig of water from a canteen.

Wait. Where'd he get that canteen?

"Indeed." Kyna said. "I suppose you guys are heading to the village by foot?"

The three of us looked at each other, unsure of what to say.   

"Uh..." Luke finally spits out. Literally. He spat out water just to say the word uh.

I swear this guy will be the death of me.

Kyna looked over to him and muttered the word ''imbecile''

"Hey! I heard that!"