|14|

--Edited (4/4/16)--

"It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being."

||Thana||

The blacksmith's cruel gaze was locked on me, though I didn't find myself doing anything out of the ordinary. "One sword, please, I'm begging you." Ace asked the blacksmith.

"I don't make swords for children."

"I'm 19." Ace claimed, yet the blacksmith kept eyeing me.

"Hmph." He growled.

"Please, Silas. We'll pay you 500 jewels if thats what you want."

Silas took a swig from his flask. "600."

"Its a deal. When do you estimate it shall be ready, then?" Ruby chimed in before Ace could argue.

As the few continued to chat, I felt myself occupied looking at the village, despite how uncomfortable I stood there with Silas looking at me. This was the Tera I've been sheltered from my whole life. This is the village my ancestors put together to separate themselves from the Aldemians and Erwyns. This is the village they ruled, and my family after them ruled, and I would one day rule.

It was better than I could ever imagine, to say the least. Many people had occupations, most people had shelter, and dozens have families. But it still needed fixing— not just the way it looked, but the well being of the people who lived in it deserve more than this.

I've always known my mother was a terrible ruler, disguising it to look great instead of it actually looking great. But this was all to much to look at.

If I lived long enough to rule, I would change everything for the better.

A sudden tap on my shoulder alarmed me mid thought. I turned around to find a much shorter boy, as frightful looking as the blacksmith, making eye contact with me. He smirked, revealing disgusting yellowing teeth, and he leaned against the wall next to me.

"Hey, you're looking quiet fine under that cloak." With his left hand, he pushed his greasy hair back. "Whats your name, girl?"

I stuttered. "W-what do you want?"

"Your name. Duh."

"Its—" I thought of name that wasn't my own. "Cindy."

"Ah beautiful name. I'm Silas Jr. You know Cindy, if you want a sword, I have a nice one for you..."

"You do?"

"Indeed I do. It's the finest sword in town. Come into my hut, and I'll show it to ya."

Creepy, but generous. I half smiled and nodded my head. "I would be delighted to see it, thank you very much, Si—" Before I could stroll with Silas Jr to his home, my arm was grabbed.

The grip tightened around my small arm. I turned around to find Ace, and angry look in his eyes as he studied Silas Jr. 

"Stay away from that perv, Thana. He doesn't mean to show you an actual sword." Ace pulled me closer to him until I barely touched his chest.

I looked back and forth between the two guys. "What did he want to show me then...?"

"Nothing. Just forget it." He glared at Silas Jr, sparks of lightening shooting from his finger tips, until he ran in the other direction.

"Silas, whats wrong with your pervert of a son!?" Ruby turned to the blacksmith, who was taking another swig from his flask.

"Eh."

"Eh?!" Ruby screamed in an extremely high pitched tone. "EH?!"

"Calm down, Ruby." Nico sighed.

"How can I, his son tried to—"

Nico put his hand over her mouth. "Thanks Silas, notify us when our sword is done. Have a nice day."

Ace still kept his arm around me as we continued to walk away from the blacksmith's. I was unsure why, but I think the way Silas Jr and him glared daggers at each other before told it all.

"What is wrong with you Nico?!" Ruby whispered in an angry voice.

"Look, he was barely willing to make us the sword in the first place, no need to anger him more. Besides, its not good arguing with a half drunk man."

"Thank you, Nico." Ace thanked. "Smart."

Nico grinned. "Why thank you."

We continued to walk to their house in silence as the sun set on Tera once again.

||Revana||

"Empress Adair of Erwyn would like to arrange a treaty with you, your highness." My squire read a piece of parchment to me as I sat at my throne.

"Adair? Communicate with me? That seems most inappropriate." My head lifted up. "Hasn't the woman done enough?"

"To be fair, Empress, it wasn't specifically her, it was her son."

I snarled as I was reminded of Adam. He was a lovesick fool, a betrayer, a liar. I wouldn't dare ever saying his name or inviting Adair into my castle. It was a sin itself just thinking of him.

"Hm. What do you think, Owen?" I turned my head to the man who was completely zoned out, eyes focused on another woman. "Owen?"

"Oh. My apologies, your grace. You were saying?" 

I rolled my eyes. "Nevermind."

I've never met a man so unfit for a throne in my whole life. Unfortunately the marriage had been arranged long ago, and I had no intentions of seeking out another suitor so late and so far from Tera. And besides, I was in need of an alliance with Aldema. When we unite as one, we will be stronger then any kingdom in the world.

"As I was saying, I don't believe I want to see Adair. She is a stupid, old hag. If she wants peace, she should have thought of that long before sending her son here." I grabbed a handle full of grapes from my side table and ate them one by one.

"I understand. We also arrive with more news."

I leaned foreword. "Is it news I want to hear or news I will murder you after hearing?"

He gulped. "Well, on the bright side, that missing team has been found by Kyna and shall make into the the village in no time. In other news, the princess's whereabouts are still unknown."

I squished the last grape with my fingers. "Nothing new. Hm."

I stood up, casting a dark shadow over the squire. He looked up at me in fright.

"It has been far to long. If I want something done, looks like I'll have to do it myself."

Excusing myself from the throne, I sashayed away, ready to take this problem into my own hands.