|01|

--Edited (3/26/16)--

||Ace||

A voice.

It was the voice that woke me up. A  girls voice, screaming. A blood curdling scream echoed through the darkness that engulfed me.

For a reason I was unsure of, my sense of sight was absent. I strained my eyes and tried to see any, even a single speck of light, but to no avail. I lay down on my back, except I didn't feel a floor beneath me. I picked myself off what should have been the ground. Everywhere I felt nothing but numbness. My sight was not currently present, and my sense of touch was fading, but I managed to hear every single painful scream and maniacal screech.

Then, something did happen. An arm with cuts and bruises and blood stretched out towards me and quickly yanked my tunic. I was then staring at a pair of bright red and gold eyes, that appeared as if there was fire dancing in them. They were glossy, tiny tears escaped the fire-like eyes and slid down a pale cheek.

"Help...me..." A female voice managed to say in the faintest murmur. Her eyes and her face were instantly recognizable. There was no denying that it was my younger sister Ruby.

If I hadn't seen her face or eyes, I would have never guessed. It seemed like all the life had been sucked out of her, her eyes didn't reflect her usual happiness or joy. Instead her once wild and excited gaze was full of sadness sad and tear filled. Her voice didn't sound as excited about everything. She could barely manage to say my name.

"...Ace..."

Her hand released my shirt as she was yanked back into nothingness. I would have yelled her name if my voice would allow it. It was like I didn't have one, like I never had one. Each time I opened my mouth, no sound came out. But... I need to help her. To get her out of this hell.

I couldn't let another family member be put in harms way. I just couldn't.

"She won't let you..."

"We can't escape..."

It was like she was reading my mind and my thoughts. I could ask myself who it was, but deep down I already knew. She's been my sworn enemy since she allowed my father to die all those years ago. If I didn't want revenge or if I didn't hate her, what kind of son would that make me?

Then, I was falling.

My sight and sense of touch slowly started to regain as I felt myself fall farther and farther down. I plummeted onto a hard stone floor, kneeling before her majesty.

I felt like I was going to be sick.

The woman sitting before me snickered, her teeth so white it was blinding and lips so red it was like blood. Her face was clearly sinister though; her eyes were a very dark brown... practically black. They without a doubt looked like they could kill if stared directly into. Her hair was long and in black curls, but every hair was perfectly in place. Her skin was fair and perfect, especially on her face. Despite her old age, wrinkles weren't something she possessed. She was stunning yet I still hated everything about her.  She was the person I hated the most.

"Another filthy peasant." She said it like the words were poison.

She didn't know who I was. Just another filthy peasant, next in line for another merciless death. I snarled. This woman could get away with anything she wanted, she could wreck anything or anyone. She could kill me right now if she wanted to. She never felt remorse, and she would pay.