|35| part two

-----PART 2-----

Cover I made, I'll probably only use it until the cover I asked someone make is made :)

Sorry this update took longer than expected, I didn't like what I originally typed so I scraped it and started over. I took a different approach, this approach, into starting the second part.
There was a flashback in my other one, so maybe I'll put that in as a bonus chapter later on.

I broke this chapter up into two parts, because it's so long. But it is long like I promised in the last chapter.

Thank you so much, at 900+ reads!

Can we get to 930 reads?

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny."

ACE

A roar of screams echoed down the long alleyway to my left. I turned my head, a puff of dirt and dust rising from the ground and staining my eyes and face. I coughed and allowed bolts of electricity to escape my fingertips, unleashing a storm of bolts along the jagged alleyway. Another roar of screams echoed, a sign that we were safe to go.

"Run!" I yelled at my companion, Nico, whose face had been hidden underneath a dark hooded cloak. The mass of cloak turned away from wear a sat and lunged upwards. The ground rattled beneath us.

Screaming men and armor clashed to the ground from the alleyway to my right, where Nico stood in front of. A loud sound of the earth coming upwards made me cover my ears. Although, the sound of men being crushed to death was what I had gotten used to for the past three months.

The Order of the Eroe has constantly been fighting Revana's men for the past three months. Assassins and knights had been sent our way on various occasions, and they've all experienced the same fate---a slow, painful death at our hands. And the same could have been said for us, we've went on missions to assassinate and kill her men. The past three months have been hectic, but if I know one thing for sure, it's that everyone in Tera, maybe even in other kingdoms, know and fear The Order of the Eroe.

Nico turned to me, a sharp grin clear underneath the shadow of the hood. I smirked, stood up, and rubbed the dirt off of my face. "These guys never seem to learn, do they?"

"Afraid not." Nico snickered. He turned away from me and gazed into the alleyway, where a upheave of earth impale buildings and the bodies of me. I shifted my position and unleashed a sword from my scabbard. The sword was unlike any other; every time I touched the hilt of it, thousands of bolts danced across the golden blade. Anyone other than a Soren would die if they were to so much as touch it.

"Anyone left?" I asked as Nico continued to gaze. His grin faded away. "I don't think so, at least around here."

I sighed from relief and put my sword in the scabbard once more. "Though I did think I heard some screams. Could've just been my ears."

"Better not be." I blinked in an attempt to let the dust and dirt out of my eyes. "Not from one of us, at least."

Nico laughed. "You're right there, amigo."

"Did you just call me amigo?" The thought made me throw my head back in laughter.

"I'm in a joyous mood right now, don't go ruining it for me."