|36|

I JUST REACHED 1K

1 FREAKING K

Thank you guys so much! Sorry the update took so long, I've been busy. Anyway, enjoy the chapter :)

"Stop wishing, start doing"

RUBY

The setting of the sun kept me pacing back and forth continuously throughout the hut's hallway. Shouldn't they be home by now? They've been gone since yesterday!

Noah was ineligible to participate in the affairs; not only because he was so young, but because Lotus would brutally murder all of us if we put him in harm's way. Taking into account that she's more than capable of that, we keep him sheltered in the warmth and safety of the hut. The brutality and keen knights would, someday, find the hut, and with Noah in it alone was an unbearable thought. As a result, I was sent to worry and fret among the halls while watching my friend.

The time they spend out on a mission vary. Sometimes it's 1 hour, sometimes it's 1 week. Each time I pull my own hair out with worry. Where would I be without them?

Especially my brother--- Ace. I've looked up to him since I was a young girl. He was the man of the house when father passed and the one who kept me safe no matter what. He kept me safe through it all... my childhood was a lonely one. I'd be lost without him.

Thana was my first true friend and the one on the team who didn't pick fights with everyone every five seconds. She was kind, smart, and probably doesn't even know her own strength. Of course, Lotus was my friend too, just my...more vicious one, I suppose.

Then there's Andreas, Xavier, Joel, and Luke. I didn't talk to them much at first, but they grew on me over the course of the past three months. They sure knew how to fight!

And for Nico...I was still angry at him. God, he can be so obnoxious sometimes. Yet---I can't find myself being rude when I communicate with him. Though, there have been very few occasions I've talked to him these few months. I doubt I could live happily knowing something happened to him despite that.

I swear, if this mission went badly---

No, it wouldn't. They've been doing this for months, they know what they are doing. What are the chances of anything bad happening, anyway? They were all so skilled!

I peaked into the bedroom where Noah was sound asleep. His head faced the ceiling. His chest slowly moved up and down calmly. He's always been calm at times like this. He puts faith and them and it never seems to waver. He was a good kid, really. Lotus–dare I think this–can be a brute,– but she did something right. I chuckled and walked away from the scene.

If my ears hadn't deceived me, a sudden thudding noise stomped on the thin, poorly put together roof. I yelped, covered my head, and slightly looked upwards.

Nothing.

Oh, it seems my imagination tricked me! My silly brain, probably just so nervous my own imagination was hearing things that aren't even there.

I smiled and uncovered my head. My pony tail swished back and forth as I walked across the small, narrow room.

Thump thump thump

Boom

Chips of wood pricked the back of my head and body. My shoulders moved upward, my heart moving at a rapid speed. Thump thump thump.

Long wooden boards that had once barely held up on their own lay broken on the dirt ground. The foot on top of it was unfamiliar one. A long black boot stood, belonging belonged to a tall tanned man with armor covering most of his body. His malicious gaze looked down at my small body. A yellow toothed smile emerged on his face.