|04|

--Edited (3/29/16)--

"Strangers are just family you haven't met"

||Thana||

               "Is there a problem?" I asked in a quiet voice. I noticed Ace's eyes widen after I stated my name. Turning around, I noticed so did Ruby and Nico's. "Did I do something wrong?" I felt a tear drip down my face from my blurry eyes and quickly wiped it away.

Ace shook his head, noticing my tears. "No.. not at all. Are you, uh, this is an odd question, but are you the.. um, princess..?"

Oh no. Oh no.

"Um, yes......." Than I shook my head, realizing what I've just done. "Oh god, please don't turn me in! I'm begging you, I'll do anything, I just can't go back there-"

His expression changed." It's alright." Ace cut me off and started to laugh. I couldn't tell whether there was nervousness laced behind his tone or not. "We won't tell a soul."

I find it hard to trust people, especially those I've just met. Who knows,they could use me for ransom because I was the princess or things like that. But he seemed somewhat genuine about it, despite whether he was nervous or not. "Ok.." I finally muttered.

"Don't mind me but, why did you leave?" Ruby chimed in from behind me. Nico nudged her shoulder.

"Ow! What was that for?" Ruby turned to him, hurt but slightly annoyed.

"Don't go snooping into other people's business." Nico answered, which thus caused another silly argument between the two.

Ace and I just stood there in silence. He seemed like he was used to their nonsense and pretended like it wasn't going as he turned to me. I noticed his bright golden eyes. Ah, he was a Soren, no doubt about it. That explains those sparks that shocked me for sure.

                     I noticed some kind of longing in his eyes. Some kind of sadness and anger joined in the mix. Of course, I just met him, but I just wanted to hug him and tell him it was going to be ok, whatever it was.

                      "I'm sorry about that. Er, more like this." Ace said to me and scratched the back of his head. "But I am still kind of curious... why did you leave?"

"Its complicated. But uh it was just... horrible there."

                         "Heh yeah, she's a bit-- or so I hear she's a bitch." He stuttered. "I mean, I'm sure it wasn't her-"

                           "Its ok." I faked a smile. "She is."

                            "Did she do anything to you?"

I couldn't lie to him. I couldn't.

"Not personally. She's just, you know, an evil person." I half lied. On the inside I was face palming. Idiot.

                              "I get what you mean." Ace replied. "So, basically what you're telling me is you don't like her...?"