|15|

--Edited (4/4/16)--

Thank you for 140+ reads!!

"Have you ever wondered what hurts the most...saying something you wish you had not and not saying something you wish you had?"

||Beth||

"I heard she made her way of past Aldema to gods know where." an old maid talked to her comrade as they both walked down the dark narrow hall. "Probably reached to where all those savages live."

"Goodness gracious! Foolish girl, why on earth would she leave? I swear, Wilma and I have been nurturing that girl since birth and she repays us by fleeing and leaving her whore of a sister to fulfill the duty as Empress?"

"Speaking of which, have you seen the prince? What a charming looking fellow! If she passes up the opportunity to marry him, well, don't mind if I do!" The old woman nudged her friend and giggled, careful not to drop the heap of bedsheets in her hands on the floor. "What was his name again? Owen?"

"Ah yes, I do believe it was Owen. Handsome name for a handsome man." The two old women continued to giggle and wish for the return of their youth as they turned the corner. They both failed to notice me leaning against the wall, though I was so sure my short blue hair was noticeable even from miles away.

It was undeniable that Owen was handsome, I'd give him that. But he was the most despicable person I've met by far. I have the right to say so—I've been at his side for years, obeying his every wish and whim.

Despite those horrid years of slaving away, he somehow yet fell in love with me. But it wasn't affectionate or in anyway nice, it was lust that he just labeled incorrectly. And besides, I could never return the feelings. If Thana couldn't, wh was in fact one of the kindest people I've ever seen, then who could?

If I were in her shoes I'd consider myself to be the luckiest woman alive. I only hope that she'll stay gone, its simply whats good for her. The kingdom would find another way to prosper and thrive. Just not with her head under the crown. And not Revana's, or Myra's, or Owen's. Someone will think of something—someone will throw a rebellion. If not, I would. All I know is someone somewhere will do something. I was so sure of it.

I made my way to the prince's chambers, ready to deliver news I have been notified of just moments ago. Thana's leaving was apparently all the talk in the castle, more maids and butlers gossiped and giggled throughout the halls as they went to preform their duties. I rolled my eyes.

If I had friends in this prison, perhaps I'd find myself gossiping among them. Perhaps I'd be different. But I'd never bother to step out of my
place and talk to Terans. I'd never step out of my comfort zone and talk to unfamiliar people.

I was as shy and quiet as they got. And I hated every moment of it, I missed opportunities to actually have a social life. All my life I've been a failure, now that I think about it.

"Prince?" I slightly opened the door to find Owen sitting at a chair, his gaze occupied by the outside world beyond the window next him. "Supper will be all prepared in a few. You will be dinning with her majesty and her lovely daughter tonight."

"Yes it would seem." His eyes averted to me. "Why don't you come over here for a bit with me?"

"Oh no, I must not. I have things to attend to for you, your highness. It would seem odd and foolish for me be graced by your presence." beads of sweat formed on my forehead.