|25|

--Edited (4/4/16)--

Thank you so much for 260+ reads!! Can we shoot for 300?

"When the moon found the sun he looked like he was barely hanging on, but her eyes saved his life, in the middle of summer"

||Thana||

The more I think about it, the more I think about how we weren't supposed to have met.

How easy it could have been for me to have stayed in the castle, living the torturous life of being a royal "no name". How I should have been there, readying for my wedding with my fiancé. Yet, I took the leap of faith and ended up in Teran forests. But how easy it could have been for me to find another tree branch, or maybe a bush, or run away. It would have been so easy to not have met them. In seconds, everything changed . Everything in life has a reason for happening, whether to stay or teach us a lesson. Even though I regret putting them in danger, I wouldn't regret actually meeting them. Because not only have they so far stayed, but they had also taught me something. It's pretty funny how smallest thing could change your life forever.

I don't know if I wish I could have met them in a different time, or place, or maybe in our next lives. Because no matter how many lives you live, people who are meant to be, romantic or platonic, will always find each other. Yet at the same time, timing shouldn't matter if people care about each other enough.

In that moment, it was like all hatred I could ever feel in my life had disappeared. An overwhelming amount of love swelled in my heart as I looked at my three sleeping allies. I've never met people who could make me smile, or laugh, or just not hate every single aspect of my life so much.

Ruby had taught me that no matter how tough things are, put a smile on your face and enjoy the things you still have before they disappeared. She taught me the power of friendship and love is stronger than anything—though I'd known her for almost four weeks.

Nico, who I doubt cared for my presence at all, made me realize that you can be a strong, stubborn person while having a soft side and caring about someone with all of your heart... no matter how many times he rolled his eyes and claimed Ruby was a nuisance. If making sure that Ruby was ok when he wasn't sure wasn't a sign of caring, I'm not sure what was.

Ace taught me that hard work counts. No, he hasn't actually done any drastic changes, but all this time he has been training and practicing. Sure, at one point it was to kill me. Though it still saddens me, I can't help but admire his determination.

His eyes flickered up and down, golden specks peaking through his eyelids. I smiled. We had a long day, and by the looks of it they were no knights looking for us in the immediate area. As a result, we set up a small fire thanks to Ruby, rested against rocks, and relaxed.

I was the last to fall asleep. I couldn't sleep, my mind was to nervous at the thought knights were nearing us, no matter how many times Nico had to assure me with his newfound abilities. So, my mind drifted off to other things... like how much I've grown (which isn't to much) and how much I love them, even after knowing them for such a short amount of time. Completely platonic, though.

Ruby propped herself up against a rock, lightly snoring. Her chest heaved up and down against  Nico's back—he was cold and shivering in his sleep, and Ruby was practically a fireplace. Sleepy Ruby had good intentions, but I'm sure when fully rest Ruby and fully rested Nico wake up, they won't be happy to know they were cuddling against each other. Maybe Ruby wouldn't mind to much, but Nico would throw a fit. That boy had quite the temper.