|31|

"Nearly all man can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

||Lamia Verne-300 years prior||

The witches.

We thought they died out a long time ago, precisely 500 years. But when 7 woman marched into the throne room, gussied up in the highest of fashion and stricken with a whimsical look, it couldn't be anyone other than them.

The seven witches.

When the world was new centuries ago,  the first seven woman were the ones standing in front of my very eyes. They each developed powers that differed from the next. Then they bore children, and their children bore even more, and so on and so forth, passing down their powerful genetics to the next generation. Every single person ever with a magical gene to be born and to die is related to at least one of the seven witches.

Last I heard, the seven of them passed away.

"Good evening, Empress Lamia of the Teran Realm." The tallest one with ravishing brown hair stated, her golden eyes flickering. The seven witches never appeared to age, despite living for so very long.

"I'm fine, what is it that you desire?" My attention was focused on my new manicure, the only semi-interesting thing that kept my focus away from the witches.

"We come with an announcement." The shortest of the seven, with dark skin and dirt brown hair and eyes said. "About your descending family."

I leaned foreword in my chair. "Am I to bear a child?" Despite my husband and I's many attempts, we could not bear children.

The tallest cleared her throat. "Twins, actually."

"Will they be almighty and powerful—is that what you're here to tell me?"

"Slow down, your highness." The tallest witch said, holding her hand out. "Not necessarily."

I slouched unladylike in my throne. "Then why are you here?"

She cleared her throat. "Neither one of your daughters will be 'almighty', but your great-great... and many more greats granddaughter will, without a doubt, be a strong, powerful, unbreakable girl...prophet, perhaps?"

A prophet?

"Her powers will be a rare one, indeed. Ultipotence. A magic that should be shamed, but to powerful to be undesired."

I've never heard of Ultipotence before in my whole life. It hasn't been created by one of the seven witches—unlike Soren, Dyzek, Blayze, Aeronwy, Oran, and Asra have. Odd, because no one in my heredity has been of magical nature.

"She will unite realm once more; for Tera will break, and two new kingdoms will rise from the ash. Tera will become the kingdom in the center of the two new ones. They will all collide into one by her hands. The Verne name will be stronger than it ever has been."

My mouth formed into an O shape. I liked the sound of that.

"And her name, if I may ask?"

The shortest one smiled. "Thana."

Thana. Empress Thana the Great. I liked the sound of that.
~~~

Lucille smiled. "Good morning mother."

How well the twins aged. Lucille and Lillian, the great gifts the seven witches bestowed upon me, have aged well in their short eighteen years. They had curly ginger hair, like I had, dark yet beautiful eyes just like their father. Beautiful girls like mine would be betrothed to a nobleman in no time.

"Good morning, Lucille. Where is Lillian off to?" I asked, curious of the whereabouts of my daughter.

"I haven't seen her all night. She was quite taken with that nobleman at the ball last night, but I regret that I don't remember his name."

I grinned at the thought my lineage would continue successfully—to the time of Thana, of course. "I frown upon the act, but I do say that is rather remarkable news, I don't doubt when I say she will be married in no time."

"I agree with you, mother." Lucille took her seat at the dinning table. "In unfortunate news, I haven't seen anyone who has caught my attention."

"Thats alright, darling. I'm sure you'll find a man who'll you'll take interest in."

"I'm sure I will as well." Lucille agreed, taking a look at the meal in front of her. She kept herself occupied as she scooped food into her mouth.

The knowledge of ultimate power in my lineage made me grin as I continued to dine.

Didn't really think I did so well on this chapter, its quite short. I may come back and revise some time. Hope you enjoyed it anyway. <3 See you in the next chapter