|17|

--Edited (4/4/16)--

I think this is the longest chapter yet!!! Enjoy!

"You're not a bad person. You're a good person who's just had bad things happen to."

||Leona||

Shrieking echoed louder and louder until they finally died down, leaving it so quiet you can hear a heart beat. A spectrum of white surrounded me all around.

Is this what being dead was like?

A floor suddenly dropped beneath me. I felt an odd, tingly sensation in my stomach as I dropped lower and lower, when the scenery changed gradually.

I supposed this was heaven— but I didn't see angels, or whatever god the churches claimed to exist.

I woke up to an extricating pain sear threw my head.

"SHI—" I sat up without hesitating, only to find three figures standing behind the footboard of the cot. On the left stood Tristan, head slightly tilted to the side, eyeing a female all in white. A nurse I assume. To the right stood Rilynn, her red hair all a mess and up in a bun, her head facing downward. A light snore sounded, and her chest heaved with her breathing patterns. How could she sleep standing up puzzled me. In the center, leaning over with his arms and head laying on the edge of the cot was Elliot. Blood stained his face and chest. His eyes flickered up and down, a signal he was tired. But after I screamed, the three of their heads quickly moved up and they looked at me with big smiles on their faces.

"Leona!!!" The three of the said in a sing-song voice, despite their tiredness. Well, everyone besides Tristan, who was well wide awake from staring at the behind of the nurse.

The nurse turned around and flashed a pearly white smile. "I see Sleeping Beauty is awake."

We all looked at her, confused. Who in gods name was Sleeping Beauty and why was she asleep?

"Have none of you read—ah, nevermind, you're probably not literate anyway." The nurse smoothed the back of her long white dress and took a seat on the wooden stool next to the cot. "Would the three of you be so kind as to leave? I need to catch up with my patient."

The three of them obliged, though not happy about it. They plodded out the door in a single file line.

The nurse turned back and looked at me. She stuck out her perfect hand. "Nurse Darcy."

I shook her hand. "Leona."

A whiff of vanilla scented the air. It was no doubt that Darcy was a perfectionist in her looks and all, I can tell just by looking at her.

Darcy smiled once more. "You've been asleep for a day. Do you know why you passed out?"

Passed out. So thats what happened. I didn't die and somehow by some miracle be brought back.

I shook my head. "No... It kind of just happened."

"Ah. I see. Well..." Darcy sighed, getting ready for long explantation. "To keep it short, you saw something traumatizing and scary, felt ill, eventually your body responded by passing out."